Manic Panic Blue Moon Hair Dye
100% vegan product. Free from harsh chemicals. Available in 49 different shades. Paraben, gluten, rescorcinal free.
Splat Midnight Complete kit hair dye
Free from harsh chemicals. Consists of baobab seed oil and Quinoa extracts. Gives professional salon-like results.
Garnier Hair Color Nutrisse Nourishing Cream
Triple oils lock in moisture 100% vegan product. Separate ampoule of grapeseed oil deeply nourishes hair.
Arctic Fox Semi-Permanent Hair DyeDoes not consist of ammonia, ethyl alcohol, and PPD. Semi-Permanent hair dye Cruelty-free and does not consists of animal by-products.
Clairol Color Crave Semi-permanent Color
Lasts up to 15+ washes Ready to use the product. 100% vegan and free from harmful chemicals.
Kera Color Clenditioner Hair Dye
Available in 18 different shades. Lasts up to 12-15 washes. Cleanses as well as conditions hair Keratin based provides strength
Color- X Change Semi-Permanent Hair colorFree from paraben, peroxide, ammonia, and PPD. 100% vegan product Easy to use and apply
Punky Lagoon Blue Hair Dye (Semi-Permanent)
Lasts up to 24 shampoo Keratin-infused hair colorant protects from damages Should be left 15-30 minutes after application for best results Does not consist of animal by-products.
Adore Semi-Permanent Hair Color
Environment -friendly and sustainable. Compact and light-weight Free from alcohol, ammonia, and peroxide Offers a vibrant burst of luxurious colors.
Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Color
PETA verified vegan product
Candy blue fantasy hair color
Are you one of those crazy peeps who is just tempted and obsessed with trying different hair colors? If you have tried many but till now you are confused, then I have a great suggestion for you. This article throws light on some of the best blue hair dyes to help you come out of the confusion and once you try these products, you will be thanking yourself later.
Blue is one of the divine and vibrant color that never fails to attract anyone. This color has a variety of shades from the deep midnight hue to light oceanic blue that will perfectly blend with your natural hair color. The products mentioned in this article are suggested by experts and are user-oriented. These colors will bring life to the everyday boring hairstyle with its ravishing and pigmented blue shades. But, before buying the best blue hair dye for yourself carefully read all the factors to avoid any damage.
Best Blue Hair Dye – Buying Guide
When searching for the best blue hair dye for yourself, you have to select one that matches your skin undertone. Picking up the wrong product might land you in a big mess. Choosing a perfect shade that flatters your skin shade from a vast range of options can be a little confusing. So, here we have tried to categorize the different skin shades to make it a more easy process.
The Best Shade of Blue hair completing your skin tone
- The color theory explains that for pale white skin- summer blue, light, oceanic and baby blue perfectly flatters to give a more bold look
- People with medium skin tone, even have a vast range of options to choose from. French/royal blue, navy, sapphire, or cobalt blue will never fail to add more glamour to the light-brown skin hue.
- Since blue is a primary color, it can be worn by anyone from a cool undertone to a warm shade. Those with a dark skin tone should opt for a deep blue, midnight, or denim blue shade. These deep colors will enhance the dark hair adding a touch of extra-glamour.
How to apply hair dye?
This is the most common and important question searched by thousands of beginners. In this article, we will make sure that you understand every small detail regarding hair dyeing
Before dying and bleaching, the preparation stage is a must so that your hair gets all nourishment and care along with coloring.
- Use a clarifying shampoo to remove dirt and impurities and leftover colors if done in past. This is an important step that cleans your hair for the dye to penetrate deep under the hair shafts.
- To give proper nourishment, you can even use a protein mask before bleaching.
Bleaching is a process that lets you get optimal use of hair dye. If you have dark-colored hair, then the dye colors will be more subtle. In this case, bleaching is necessary as it acts as a pre-lightener before dyeing. But if you have naturally light-colored hair like blonde then this step can be avoided.
After bleaching the sections which you want to dye, then rinse the hair well with lukewarm water and use a toning shampoo. Shampooing removes all the bleach chemicals from hair making it ready for the next process.
- After this, you need a bowl, plastic or surgical gloves spoon.
- When coloring you may wear anything but make sure that your beck region is fully covered so that the dye dies not drops on your skin. Wear an old t-shirt or shirt which you don’t mind if it gets stained. Then, put on your gloves and jeep all the required items near you. Followed by this step is unpacking the kit and properly reading the guide. If your hair color dies not requires mixing, you simply need to apply it. If any mixing has to be done, then carefully empty the content in a glass bowl and stir it well with a spatula or spoon.
- When applying the dye, hair needs to divide into different sections. If you have thin hair, then dividing it from middle to part into two sections is recommended. For thick hair, it needs to be divided into 5 to 6 different sections and clipped properly with metallic clips.
- Take a small quantity of color and gently apply the color starting from the roots to edges. Once the first sections are done, it has to clip and the same procedure will be followed for every section.
- The next step is wrapping your hair with plastic sheets or shower cap and leaving it for the prescribed time as instructed in the manual.
- After this rinse your hair with lukewarm water. Now you are ready to flaunt your hair and click some cool pictures to post on different social media sites.
Best Blue Hair Dye Reviews
Best Blue Hair Dye For Black Hair
One of the best ammonia-free hair color which gives your hair a perfect blend of bright blue hue. This product is ideal for both men and women. This brand is independently operated by New York City natives Tish and Snooky Bellomo.
- This is a vegan product free from harsh chemicals.
- A semi-permanent hair dye that is paraben, gluten, resorcinol, and Phthalate free.
- It is available in 49 different shades.
- The color will last for 4-6 weeks of usage on pre-lightened hair.
Amazon’s Choice bestseller, Splat Midnight Complete Kit is a 100% vegan hair color. It is rated as America’s no:1 hair color wax. The ultra- conditioner helps to keep your hair healthy with a stunning and shining glow.
- This product is free from harmful chemicals.
- The top-rated hair dye consists of Baobab seed oil and Quinoa extracts for beautiful and voluminous shining hair.
- It gives the highest quality salon-like results.
Best Blue Hair Dye That Doesn’t Fade To Green
The no:1 nourishing color cream with essential triple oils. The creamy color conditioner consists of avocado, olive, and shea oils for deep nourishment. Garnier is one of the trusted and reliable brands which has maintained the quality of its products.
- It is available in a vast range of 45 nourishing shades.
- The triple oils lock in moisture for smooth, healthy silky hair.
- It is a 100% vegan product free from harsh chemicals.
- It consists of a separate ampoule of grapeseed oil which nourishes the hair as you start coloring.
Inculcating the highest number of positive reviews from customers, Arctic Fox has continued to satisfy the customer’s needs. It is formulated using safe and high-quality vegan ingredients. With the best-pigmented colors, it provides extra nourishment to your hair.
- This product dies nit consists of peroxide, ammonia, ethyl alcohol, and PPD.
- The long-lasting colors have a really sweet scent and it smears less.
- It is a semi-permanent hair dye.
- The product does not consist of any animal- products.
With the use of Clairol Color Crave, Semi-Permanent hair colorant flaunts the radiant and ravishing bluish tint. You are free to rock the stage with a bold and elegant look.
- The bold indigo blue lasts for up to 15+ washes.
- This colorant evenly and accurately colors every strand and does not involve any mixing.
- It is free from harmful chemicals and is 100% vegan.
Best Blue Hair Dye For Unbleached Hair
As the name suggests, Kera Clenditioner Hair dye performs a dual function. It cleanses as well as conditions hair instantly as you apply the color with every wash. Products manufactured are keratin-based which provides strength, makes softer, and shinier.
- The vibrant and eye-catching blue tint highlights and nourishes hair.
- It is available in 17 other shades.
- The long-lasting color will not fade before 15 shampoos.
- It is one of the leading brands ranked as no:1 best seller in hair conditioners and hair color glazes.
Add some vibrant and dazzling hue to your natural hair color with the use of Color – X change hair dye. It provides salon-like results and cuts down on salon expenditure.
- The product is free from paraben, peroxide, ammonia, and PPD.
- A 100% vegan hair colorant that does not consist of gluten.
- Its bright revitalizing colors will uplift your mood with its stunning look.
- It is ready to use a product that is not going to create a mess from mixing.
Best Blue Hair Dye For Bleached Hair
Condition hair with coloring! If you desire to paint your hair with a mesmerizing oceanic mermaid color, then this is an ideal choice to get the desired look. A US-based company which deals in some of the best beauty & personal care and ranks no:8 in hair color.
- A Semi-Permanent hair dye that will last up to 24 shampoos.
- Along with coloring, it conditions as you infuse the color into the hair.
- The keratin-infused hair colorant gives long-lasting results and protects it from damages.
- It is easy to use and needs to be left for 15-30 mins after application for best results.
- The product dies not consists of any animal by-products and is 100% cruelty-free.
An innovative and new approach initiated by Adore to create an environment- friendly and sustainable product towards a better future. With a compact design, the product is filled with less air, water making it lightweight and easy for packaging.
- It is a semi-permanent hair color that will give your hair a radiant and lustrous effect.
- Its vibrant burst of deep luxurious color gives beautiful hair a sensual feel.
- The product does not contain harmful chemicals such as alcohol, ammonia, and peroxide.
- Free from harsh ingredients, the color conditions and gives healthy hair.
The Unicorn Hair Dye will infuse every strand of hair from edges to roots with a majestic and divine tint with several magical shades. The Candy blue fantasy hair colorant has a full coverage formulation which will leave you awestruck with its stunning look.
- A semi-permanent color that transforms hair into magical shades of divine blue.
- The ultra-conditioning property deeply nourishes it from roots for healthy, resilient, and shiny hair.
- It is a 100% vegan product with damage-free formula and cruelty- free.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best blue hair dye for dark hair?
Manic Panic is the best blue hair dye for dark hair. Its bright blue tint will transform your hair into magical shades of a deep and exotic bluish color. It is a semi-permanent hair dye that is paraben, gluten, resorcinol, and Phthalate free and is available in 49 different shades.
Is there a permanent hair dye?
Yes, permanent hair dye adds to the natural pigment of the hair. The main criticism of using a permanent hair color is that it changes the texture of hair as it contains chemicals like ammonia, peroxide, and alcohol. Whereas, semi-permanent hair color is coated on the outer layer and is free from these harmful chemicals which might damage your hair with continuous use.
Which is the best hair dye with conditioner?
Kera Clenditioner is the best hair dye which performs a dual function. It cleanses as well as conditions hair instantly as you infuse the color. Also, the products are keratin-based which gives strong and soft hair.
Blue Hair maintenance tips & tricks:
After coloring, maintaining quality is a more difficult task to maintain the gorgeous look. For a beginner, it might be a little confusing but as you get accustomed to the technique it becomes less worrisome. Here, are some of the important upkeep tips to maintain the integrity of your blue hair.
- To keep your hair colored for a longer time, don’t wash or shampoo it frequently. With every wash, the hair tends to lose its color. Even you can add tint to conditioner which will nourish your hair help to restore its hue.
- Always be careful with the products you use. It is generally prescribed by professionals to perform a patch test before using it. Also, look for products that are sulfate-free, hydrating, and color safe otherwise it will strip off all the color.
- Beaching is pre-lightening and an important step for people with dark hair. Its continuous use damages the natural moisture from hair. So to keep your hair healthy, moisturized, and hydrated condition it frequently to get softer, detangled, and smooth hair.
- Don’t heat your hair too much. Excessive blow-drying, straightening or curling will damage it. So try to use it as little as possible.
Transform your hair with these magical shades to get a bolder and dramatic appearance. Hair speaks a lot about yourself and your personality playing an important role in enhancing attractiveness and confidence. So, invest in your as it is the only crown you never take off.