Chocolate brown hair looks good on all kinds of hairstyles. People with all types of skin colors can go for chocolate brown hair. There are many options in the market for chocolate brown hair dye. However, you should keep some factors in mind while buying the best chocolate brown hair dye.
Best Chocolate Brown Hair Dye – Buying Guide
We will tell you about the factors that you should consider while buying them. We will also tell you about the candidates for the best chocolate brown hair dye.
Factors To Look For While Buying The Best Chocolate Brown Hair Dye
- Skin Undertone
Skin undertone tone is used to refer to the general shade of the skin. You should choose a hair color that compliments your skin tone. A hair color that does not match the skin tone will look unnatural. All skin tones can be categorized into warm tones, cold tones, or neutral tones. A good way to check for skin tones is to check your veins. If it is blue, you have a cold skin tone. While for people with a warm skin tone, the veins will look green.
- Warm Tones: Warm tones get easily tanned in the sun. The best chocolate brown hair dye for this kind of skin will be in warm colors. Earthy tones look especially good on this skin tone.
- Cool Tones: Cool toned people have a blue or pink undertone. This type of skin gets burnt in the sun. Cool colors will look good with this skin.
- Neutral Tones: A skin without visible warm or cool tones is categorized as a neutral skin tone. All colors look good on them. They can choose any shade of the best chocolate brown hair dye.
- Hair Texture
If your hair has a thick texture it will take more time to absorb the color. In contrast, hair with a thin texture absorbs color quickly. So if you are buying a hair dye for thick hair, go for a more concentrated formula. It will give you better results. For thin hair, you can buy general hair dye. It will dye your hair without damaging it.
- Current Hair Color
If your hair is currently lighter than the dye color, it will get colored easily. However, the case is not the same for darker hair. Since the chocolate brown dye is a very dark color it should work well for most of the hair color. It will certainly work well for blond and brunette hair. If your hair is bleached currently, in that case too the dye will work. But if your hair is a very dark shade of brown, or has an almost black color, it will be hard for it to absorb the color. In that case, you may have to bleach your hair or choose a very potent formula.
- Permanent Or Temporary
You should decide if you want the chocolate brown color to be temporary or permanent. Permanent hair colors do not wash out easily. They will stay on for a pretty long time. To make it lighter, you will have to bleach the hair. A semi-permanent hair color gets lighter with wash. It is perfect for highlights, changing tones, or hiding grey hair. Temporary hair color does not stay for long. It will get completely washed out in almost 30 washes. It is perfect if you want to experiment. If you like the result then you can go for permanent dye. If you do not like it then you can just let it wash out.
- Skin Type
If you are older it is better to go with darker colors. Chocolate brown is a perfect color for mature skin. A lighter color will highlight wrinkles, fine lines, and other imperfections. Darker colors will help to take attention away from the skin imperfections.
Best Chocolate Brown Hair Dye Reviews
This hair color by L’Oreal is in 4AR Dark Chocolate Brown color. It has many good reviews. The color will be permanent. It is the best chocolate brown hair dye for black hair. It has a pro-keratin complex that protects your hair while coloring. The features of this product are as follows:
- It gives 100% coverage for gray hair.
- It has triple protection for healthy hair.
- It contains ceramide, pro-keratine, and collagen.
- It does not damage hair.
- It does not fade after washing.
- It is the best chocolate brown hair dye for black hair.
- The weight of the product is 1.1 pounds.
This chocolate brown hair color by Garnier has nourishing properties. It works well on both light hair color and dark hair color. It has natural oils in it to protect your hair from damage. It contains ample grape seed oil that nourishes your hair while you color it. Other features are as given below:
- It contains avocado, olive, and shea oil to nourish hair.
- It delivers permanent color to your hair.
- It comes in a creme formula for no-mess application.
- It is easy to use and can be applied at home.
- It gives you 100% grey coverage.
- It does not contain ammonia.
- The product weight is 7.52 ounces.
This hair dye offers a lot of shade options for chocolate brown. It gives permanent color to your hair. It has natural ingredients that nourish your hair. It allows you to color your hair without any compromise. Other features of the product are:
- It does not contain ammonia, silicone, or alcohol.
- It has a non-irritating formula and is gentle on the scalp.
- It gives long-lasting color.
- It provides 100% coverage for grey hair.
- It contains botanical oat milk, soy protein, and argan oil.
- It is dermatologist tested.
- The item weight is 9.44 ounces.
This chocolate brown hair dye by John Frieda comes in a foaming formula. It does not create a mess while application. It is easily the best chocolate brown hair dye at home.It will give you natural-looking hair color. It gives a deep and permanent color in just one application. Other features of this hair dye are as follows:
- It gives you 100% coverage for grey hair.
- The non-drip formula is easy to use at home.
- It is the best chocolate brown hair dye at home.
- It gives you vibrant and shiny 4BG chocolate brown hair.
- It has nourishing post-color conditioning properties.
- The item weight is 8 ounces.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is chocolate brown hair dye a cool color or a warm color?
Warm colors have a base of red, orange, or yellow color. It can combine these base colors with other colors to get the desired color. Dark chocolate brown, auburn, copper, sunset, bronze, golden are warm tones. These colors are available in a light or dark shade.
What can I do if my hair smells after dying?
It is common for hair to retain the smell of the dye after the coloring process. You can let it dry and then wash it thoroughly with shampoo and condition it. Remember to use a color-protecting shampoo. It will let your hair color last longer.
What is the best chocolate brown hair dye?
The followings are the best chocolate brown hair dye:
- L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Permanent Hair Color
- Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Hair Color Creme
- Schwarzkopf Simply Color Permanent Hair Color
- John Frieda Precision Foam Colour
What does a chocolate brown hair color look like?
Chocolate brown hair color is a dark shade of brunette hair color. It resembles the rich color of chocolate. There are many shades available under chocolate brown dye. You can get dark chocolate, cocoa, spicy chocolate, raspberry chocolate, and much more.
How can I dye my hair at home?
It is easy to dye your own hair at home. For this, you should choose a dye that is easy to apply and does not create a mess. Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Hair Color Creme has a mess-free creme formula. The best dye for home use is John Frieda Precision Foam Colour. It comes in a ready to use foam formula. You just have to take the foam and massage it into your hair slowly. It offers the best no-drip and no-mess application.
Which hair color to choose to look younger?
Warm hair colors make you appear younger instantly. You should avoid cool and ashy shades if you wish to appear younger. Dark chocolate brown base color with honey-colored highlights will instantly lift your face and make you appear younger.