Best Drugstore Matte Liquid Lipstick
NYX Professional Cream Liquid LipstickPETA certified.
Different shades of color.
Best Drugstore Black Liquid Lipstick
Rimmel Matte Liquid Lipstick10 different hue shades.
Lasts up to 12 hours.
Even spread with a perfect blend.
Best Drugstore Liquid Lipstick for Dry Lips
Maria Ayora Matte Liquid LipstickSet of 6 liquid lipsticks.
Best Drugstore Liquid Lipstick for Dry Lips
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Lipstick12 full-coverage shades.
Patented ColorStay technology.
Lasts up to 24 hours.
Additional top coating isn’t required.
Best Drugstore Liquid Lipstick for Dry Lips
Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid LipstickHigh pigmentation.
Different color shades.
Easy to use.
Accuracy is part and parcel of each individual. Be it working, cooking, shopping, or anything else, we always strive for perfection. This is more prominent for the face as the entire identity is from it. So naturally, we try different products like cream, lotion, etc., to make our complexion glow.
A relatively common yet essential thing for a woman is the best drugstore liquid lipstick. Beauty is beyond bounds with a lipstick. There are many reasons why a liquid lipstick is a part of the essentials for a woman. Here are some of them:
- There is a wide range of shades in liquid lipsticks suitable for different occasions, lip-type, and skin tones to choose unique shades for all the requirements.
- The liquid lipsticks are smudge-proof, unlike the solid ones and so we can thoroughly enjoy every occasion without worrying much.
- Unlike the solid lipsticks, the liquid lipsticks are long-lasting and waterproof. So we can eat and drink anything without having to re-apply the lipstick frequently.
- Usually, the regular lipsticks need lip liners to accompany them for better appearance. The liquid lipsticks don’t require the liners precisely and perfectly fit in with the lips when applied.
- The liquid lipsticks are cheaper than the usual lipsticks, so they are economical and readily available too.
- Liquid lipsticks require a single coating contrary to the solid lipsticks, so unavailable lipstick can last longer than usual.
- For an opaque look, liquid lipsticks come with high pigmentation levels. Due to this, they set in for the whole day without reapplications.
These are just some of the many reasons why a liquid lipstick is far better than a solid lipstick leading to the world tending towards them rather than the normal ones. We find a lipstick in every woman’s belongings, but in recent times, they find it challenging to choose a correct one due to the number of shades available.
Also, there is quite a lot of confusion about picking a pocket-friendly drugstore lipstick or an expensive branded lipstick. So to clear all these confusion, let’s understand these aspects in detail.
Drugstore makeup and lipsticks are a type of makeup that is readily available in commercial or drugstores. It used to be a prevalent misconception that high-end makeup products are the only best quality materials, and drugstore are not up to the mark.
With social media growth, many stylists and even ordinary people are guiding women with different types of makeup out of their personal experiences and expertise. So women have become makeup-savvy over the years. The drugstore companies have grabbed this interest, and many brands have delivered the best quality products.
Some drugstore brands released the best products that we can’t find this standard in high-end brands. Previously, high-end cosmetics used premium quality materials for product manufacture. With the booming interest, drugstores have surpassed the top-end variants in every aspect, including its quality.
The common belief that high-end makeup products are only safe for the skin and the drugstore products is harmful due to the cheaper quality ingredients. Other related thoughts vanished utterly with the newest launches and famous yet affordable brands.
Some famous drugstore brands are Maybelline, Lakme, Revlon, Ruby Kisses, Covergirl, etc. Be it a lipstick or a face cream, every cosmetic required by a woman is available from the drugstore brands. There are a variety of options available for the liquid lipsticks as well.
Table of Contents
Best Drugstore Liquid Lipstick – Buying Guide
With so many benefits and choices, it is natural to get confused in selecting the suitable one. Determining the exact liquid lipstick is essential as it can make a face flawless, and the wrong choice leaves a disturbing look. So here is a helping guide to choosing the best drugstore liquid lipstick for women.
Factors to Look for in choosing a Drugstore Liquid Lipstick
Be it a high-end brand or a drugstore, the first thing to know before buying a liquid lipstick is to determine its shade and hue. Improper selections result in awkward looks, and picking the right one leads to a perfect day.
Well, the color selection depends on seven different aspects, each of which is a must to understand correctly. They are discussed in detail here:
- Skin Tone:
The crucial thing to understand before buying any cosmetics, including lipstick, is to know our skin tone. Skin complexion is of five different types –fair, light, medium, tan, and deep. Each style suits a different set of colors to balance the face and the entire look.
For fair and light tones of skin, dusty reds, nudes, pink shades (light goes the best), peach, and coral match the best. For the women with medium skin tone, mauve, cherry red, rose, and berry is a perfect choice. Deep pink, rock corals, and bright reds go in-hand with tanned skin tone.
People with a tanned skin tone can try most of the available colors except for the purples and browns. These shades are the only exception to this skin type. These brown and purple shades like caramel, plum, wine, etc. are a perfect balance for the deep skin tones. Blue-based reds are a unique shade that is ideal for deep complexions.
There are many ways to determine the exact skin tones and are described online. Once we get to know our skin’s authentic style, sticking to the shades mentioned above gives a stunning look. These shades are divided such that they not only suit the facial skin but also balance the entire look of a person.
- Skin Undertone:
Undertone refers to the natural colors that are underneath the skin of a person. Determining skin undertone is essential in choosing the suitable liquid lipstick. The easiest way to know the undertone color is to observe the color of veins on the wrist.
If it is blue and varies between shades of blues, whites, and greys, then the undertone color is pink. If the vein color is green, the undertone color is yellow. If the color appears to be both blue and green, then the person has a neutral undertone.
So there are three undertones – pink, yellow, and neutral. These are commonly termed as cooler for pink, warm as yellow, and neutral remains the same. Each undertone demands a set of shades of color.
For women with cool undertones and fair or light skin tone, nudes and soft mocha are the best matches. For medium skin tone and cool undertone, cranberry and pink shades are a match made in heaven. Rubies and wine shades exactly balance the tan and dark skin tones with cool undertone.
Women having fair or light skin tone with a warmer undertone can go with peachy and pale pink nudes. Copper and bronze shades are apt for all the other skin tones with warm undertones.
Women with neutral undertones are the luckiest as the choices for them are vast. The spectrum of colors is immense, and they can try any shades listed under cooler and warmer undertones based on their skin tone.
- Lips’ Shape:
The shape of the lips holds a pretty good say in choosing a suitable drugstore liquid lipstick. Each form is unique and requires a specific lipstick shade to give a flawless look. The most common types considered while picking a drugstore liquid lipstick are asymmetrical lips and heavy lips.
Heavy lips are further sorted into top-heavy lips and bottom-heavy lips. A brighter shade of color on the bottom or lower lip and the same color with a slightly darker shade for the upper lip is a proper fit for top-heavy lips.
Any shade of color based on skin undertone and a little light nude color on the upper lip center is the best for bottom plump lips. For asymmetric lips, using a lip pencil as an outline after applying the lipstick picked up based on the skin tone and skin undertone balances the look.
- Size of the Lips:
The commonly committed mistake while grabbing the suitable liquid lipstick, is not considering its size. The same shade of color looks different with different sizes of lips. For example, darker shades and flashy colors of lipsticks make lips look thinner, whereas the splashy and glitter shades make the appearance plummy.
So lip size should also be under consideration for a liquid lipstick. Glossy and creamy lipsticks serve the best for women with thinner lips. It is best to avoid the glittery and flashy lipstick textures for women having thick or plump lips.
- Teeth Color:
Though lipsticks are for lips, our smile is the essence of everything, isn’t it? A complete and a happy smile is the one with teeth completely showing up. This also shows the confidence levels of a woman.
So how would it look when lipstick is a counterpart to the teeth color instead of going along? Horrible! This explains why the color of teeth also plays a role in picking the right liquid lipstick. Generally, the teeth color is either white or yellow.
Women with white teeth, you’re the blessed ones. You can pick any shade you want to, based on the other factors. For women with yellow teeth, light red, orange, and rose hues, work wonders. Similarly, avoid reds, purples, browns, and bright scarlet shades for a stunning look.
- Color of the Eyes:
By now, I guess it’s clear that every part of the face is necessary to buy a suitable liquid lipstick. Eyes are another part of the face that completes the spectacular look of a person. Isn’t it evident that eyes’ color is another consideration for a lipstick?
The commonly-seen eye colors are blue, brown, grey, and green. This diversity also divides the color of the drugstore liquid lipstick we need to choose. Different shades of scarlet and cherries go in with the blue eyes.
Browns, light pinks, and bright reds are the perfect combination for brown eyes. Women with green eyes can go with terracotta and different pink shades. Grey eyes need nudes and plum shades to go in anomaly with the entire look.
- Hair Color:
The last part of choosing the exact color of drugstore liquid lipstick is balancing it with your hair color. Messy or correctly set, hair entirely changes the appearance of a person. An apt liquid lipstick completes the look and keeps everything in place.
There are different combinations of hair and skin tone that help in choosing the correct shade. For dark hair, light and fair skin tones, plums, and bright pinks suit properly. For the same dark hair but with tan and dark tones, bronze shades fit with the look.
People with blonde hair, fair, and light skin tones can go with pink shades, whereas tan and dark tones can choose salmon and warm pink shades. Salmon and deep dusty pinks are an excellent match for people with brown hair and medium skin tone. Salmon pink is also a great choice, along with corals for women with red hair and a fair complexion.
Choosing the right hue isn’t the only criterion here. As already discussed above, one of the main reasons for picking up the drugstore liquid lipsticks and other cosmetics is the pricing. High-end makeup brands are a costly affair, and not everyone can afford them.
The choice of pricing also changes with each person, and so, one can choose the best brands falling under individual price constraints. Drugstore liquid lipsticks that are readily available at considerable prices are the ideal choices.
One central aspect that worries everyone is the inclusion of toxins in the lipsticks. While some do it knowingly to reduce the price, sometimes this happens indirectly, as in, mixing up some ingredients might release toxins, or some might contain the toxins as a part of them. Whatever the way it is, toxins are harmful to the body. Lips, being the most sensitive organ of the entire body, require a little extra care above others.
Some toxins are sulfates, parabens, ammonia, etc. These have different side effects based on numerous reasons. Each liquid lipstick prepared by the drugstore brands come with the ingredients printed on the cover so that the users can cross-check with all the possible harm.
People usually ignore this fact as the toxin-free lipsticks are a little costly than the others, though the price difference isn’t huge. There is no wrong in investing a little more for a toxin-free liquid lipstick rather than choosing a harmful low-price one as this can cause irreversible damage to the lips, thereby spoiling the entire look of a person.
Another concern with lipstick is the requirement of applying it now and then. It is so annoying to use a lipstick after eating or drinking anything and even at regular time slots. It isn’t so easy to give a coat to the lips as and when required, right?
The liquid lipsticks usually last longer than the solid variants, and the latest introductions from different drugstore brands stay the whole day. This is one of the critical aspects, and one of the first things checked before buying a liquid lipstick.
Frequent applications waste a lot of time, and we need to buy a new one now and then. So, choose a drugstore liquid lipstick that lasts relatively longer than the others so that it can save both money and time.
Well, the information discussed above covers most of the essential tips in choosing the best drugstore liquid lipstick. The following additional information makes it easier to grab the appropriate one.
- Before buying any lipstick, it is best to try it out so that we can decide if it fits us or not. For online shopping, as it is impossible to manually try it out, pictures depicting different shades for each skin tone are attached to other relevant images.
- It is best not to choose the same shade of lipstick that matches the clothes. Doing this creates a muted impact and might be overwhelming.
- Creating the same dramatic look for lips and eyes isn’t the right choice. While using a darker shade of lipstick, pair it with either mascara or a dark brown eyeliner between the lashes for a perfect look.
- A liquid lipstick that can brighten the face even without additional makeup serves the best for anyone.
- A red liquid lipstick, be it any shade based on the skin tone and skin undertone, can be pulled off by anyone on a casual look. So, try having at least one shade of red in your collection.
- Choose a shade of lipstick that is one or two times darker than the lipstick color for balancing the color of both the upper and lower lips.
- Keep in mind that dark shades of lipstick make the lips look thinner, and the light shades make it plummy. This fact is necessary, especially for everyday looks.
Best Drugstore Liquid Lipstick Reviews
Let’s see some amazon.com’s best brands as we now know how to choose a perfect drugstore liquid lipstick in different categories.
Best Drugstore Matte Liquid Lipstick
Matte is the prevalent trend of lipsticks in recent times; apart from parties and functions, modern women prefer matte liquid lipsticks for regular usage. Matte variants are an exact fit for casual looks, unlike the glittery and dazzling shades. Here is the list from which we can easily choose the best drugstore matte liquid lipstick
NYX has a great image and produces different cosmetics like eyeshadow pallets, liquid eyeliners, primers, foundations, etc. Known for its cruelty-free products, this liquid lipstick offers the following features:
- This is certified from PETA –People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, stating that it is free of toxins. The products aren’t tested on animals and are trustworthy.
- It doesn’t require the application of a lip liner.
- It stays longer than usual without the requirement of frequent requirements.
- It comes with a creamy texture with more pigments and feels like soft cream.
- It is a nude liquid lipstick that comes in shades like pink, brown, mauve, etc.
- With its tear-drop shape, the application is pretty easy and convenient.
Apart from these, the NYX liquid lipstick isn’t messy and doesn’t spill even with its creamy texture marking its position in the list of drugstore matte liquid lipsticks.
Maybelline is known to be one of the best and the most trusted drugstore brands for a wide range of cosmetics. This SuperStay Matte liquid lipstick comes with the following features:
- It is highly pigmented and lasts up to 16 hours.
- It is available in a wide range of shades, including classic red shades and nudes too.
- It comes in 40 different shades suitable for all kinds of looks like casual, glossy, party type, etc.
- It comes with a unique and precise arrow applicator for perfect application.
- It is both spill-proof and waterproof, lasting almost the entire day.
Best Drugstore Black Liquid Lipstick
This is another category of drugstore liquid lipsticks. Generally, we think that women only look for colors like red, brown, oink, etc. But what can stop a woman with a full black look? Its stunning, bold, and intense too.
It is a whole different level of beauty. To have this spectacular look, we need a black lipstick, right! Not just a black lipstick, but the best drugstore black liquid lipstick is the perfect complement and the only way to finish off in style. So here are some of the best ones available to us.
With a classy matte variant complementing the royal pitch-black color, Rimmel liquid lipstick has an uncompromising position among the black lipsticks coming with the following features:
- Available in more than ten different hue shades along with the classic black color.
- With a single stroke, it gives a bold matte look that is both touch-proof and waterproof.
- It lasts up to 12 hours continuously with a one-time application.
- The pitch-black colored lipstick gives a velvety matte look to the user.
- It comes with a lightweight texture and is quite easy to carry.
- It spreads evenly onto the lips with a proper blend.
- It isn’t expensive and readily available online.
Rimmel is known for its elegance and the high-intensity color to the lips, even with a single stroke. It presents 14 different nude shades fitting all purposes.
This product from NYX gives a glossy black look with all the NYXcharacteristics, as mentioned above. Its features are as follows:
- This black lipstick is named as Blackberry Pie.
- It is available in other shades as well apart from the glossy black.
- It is a non-sticky lipstick with a sweet fragrance.
- It leaves the lips supple and soft after application.
- With a single store itself, NYX gives a perfect pout look.
- Blackberry Pie is available at a pocket-friendly price range.
Best Drugstore Liquid Lipstick for Dry Lips
Drying of lips is a common problem faced due to many reasons. Harsh climates, work stress, wrong lipsticks, etc., leave the lips dry and dull. Ignoring dryness of lips can cause damage to the lips and spoil the face.
So specially designed liquid lipsticks are essential for dry lips as the normal ones might cause more harm than good. The best drugstore liquid lipstick for dry lips should also moisturize the lips while coloring them simultaneously. Here are some of the liquid lipsticks for dry lips available to us:
Maria Ayora is a set of six matte finish lipsticks with different shades and is a perfect choice for beginners. Its unique features are as follows:
- It is a set of six lipsticks at affordable pricing with bold colors.
- With a single stroke, it lasts for hours, maintaining the same look throughout.
- Six different shades in a single pack make a perfect choice for most occasions without having to buy the others specifically.
- All of them are light in weight and comfortable to carry anywhere.
- It comes with a high-intensity pigment to create a bold matte look.
- With the addition of natural moisturizers, it soothes the lips at the same time while giving a stunning look.
- It is waterproof and lasts relatively longer than the others in this price range.
Maria Ayora is an ideal choice of a bunch of liquid lipsticks covering almost all the looks like casual, party type, etc., while the others offer a single shade in this price range.
These are some of the common and specifically searched categories of liquid lipsticks. The other general variants are listed below:
Revlon comes in the top brands under drugstore lipsticks. It is widely chosen and loved by most of the world and is available in different variants. This ColorStay model holds the following features:
- It is available in 12 different top satin full-coverage shades to complement different styles.
- It uses food-proof materials to avoid spilling of the lipstick while eating or drinking.
- It doesn’t require an additional top coating.
- Revlon uses patented ColorStay technology unique to itself.
- It lasts up 24 hours with a single application.
Wet n Wild is another trusted brand of the drugstore family, and this variant offers the following features:
- It gives a bold look with high levels of pigmentation.
- It is entirely free of toxins, and the products aren’t tested on animals to ensure safety.
- It is available in different shades of hue for different styles and purposes.
- Wet n Wild is readily available and pocket-friendly.
- It is travel-friendly and easy to use.
Anastasia Beverly Hills is another drugstore brand that provides the finest liquid lipsticks. Its features are as follows:
- It uses a full pigmented formula to give a weightless matte finish.
- It is available in different color shades that are customizable and can be mixed up to experiment with new looks.
- The flat double-sided applicator with a round tip eases the application.
- It uses high-quality ingredients and delivers standard premium products.
- These lipsticks last relatively long without smearing.
- They deliver a natural look rather than a glossy finish.
Coosa provides a set of 12 different liquid lipsticks at a pocket-friendly range. Its unique features are as follows:
- It gives a velvety matte finish with every usage.
- The 12 different shades fulfill almost all the other occasions requiring lipsticks.
- They are long-lasting and waterproof.
- With a silky texture, it is elegant and balances the look accurately.
- All the shades are comfortable to apply and easy to remove.
- It can be carried anywhere without any worries.
Airassi provides a combination of 4 different liquid lipsticks with a matte finish. At affordable pricing, it offers the following features:
- With high-intensity pigment, it gives a bold matte look.
- The 4 different shades are stunning, non-sticky, and do not fade quickly.
- These products are entirely vegan and cruelty-free.
- Along with coloring, they also moisturize the lips for every application.
- They are easy to use and lasts longer.
These are some of the most popular liquid lipsticks from drugstore brands available on amazon. As we now know these and the influencing factors in choosing a drugstore liquid lipstick, let’s discuss some of the frequently asked questions based on liquid lipsticks.
What is the best drugstore liquid lipstick?
There are many liquid lipsticks available from popular drugstore brands that serve the best. Some of the best ones are listed above.
Which is the best liquid lipstick?
Many brands like Revlon, Maybelline, Wild n West, etc., offer the best liquid lipsticks in the affordable range. We can choose the best one based on various factors like ingredients used, color, etc.
Which liquid lipstick lasts the longest?
Most of the present-day liquid lipsticks last relatively more extended than the solid ones. Some of the best makers of long-lasting liquid lipsticks are Revlon, Maybelline, etc.
What is the best liquid to stay on all day?
As already mentioned, most of the liquid lipsticks available today lasts for long, ranging between 12 hours to 24 hours. One can refer to the lipsticks listed above to choose the one that can stay on all day. Some of the best known long-lasting liquids are produced by Revlon.
What is the best selling lipstick of all time?
Many lipsticks have left a significant impact on users. Famous brands, including NYX, Wet n Wild, Revlon, Maybelline, etc. have delivered different best selling lipsticks. Most of them are listed above for reference.