Hairstyling can change your entire look and who does not like smooth straight hair. Straightening your hair with a flat iron will make your hair look shiny, smooth, silky and manageable at all occasion. The way your hair is styled affects your appearance to a great amount. With the different hair products that are available today, styling your hair has become a simple and quick process without too much effort.
Best Flat Irons For Short Hair – Buying Guide
It is often a misconception that it’s difficult to short hair but that’s just not true. Short hair can also be styled just as easily at home with flat irons or curlers. You can achieve straight, smooth, and silkier hair without causing much damage by using various flat irons for short hair available in the market. This is your guide to find the best flat irons for short hair. This guide will help you to choose a flat iron that suits your hair and keep your hair away from damage.
Factors to look for while buying the best flat iron for short hair
Since many types of flat irons are available in the market today, it can be difficult to find the perfect one for you. You need to know which flat iron is best for your hair. Some of the factors that you need to keep in mind while buying your flat iron are:
- Dual voltage: It is important that your flat iron has a dual voltage so that you can carry it anywhere. Dual voltage flat irons can change according to the variable voltages in different places while traveling.
- Size and structure of the flat Iron: The width of the flat iron plate indicates its performance. Mini – irons usually of 15mm plate size are good for straightening your bangs while traveling. Usually, flat irons with 25mm of plate size can be used curling and straightening.
Wider flat irons of 38 mm plate are useful to straighten longer and thicker hair type, but are comparatively less adaptable in terms of style variants than narrow plated flat irons. Flat iron plates usually give smooth and straight hair tips and curved hot iron plates produce more of a natural touch to your hair. Both the plates usually give the same styling when used with the precise techniques. It is easier to produce a straight and shiny look by using the flat irons and the curved irons will give much more shape.
- Digital board: A digital board gives you a wider range of temperature related settings as compared to other temperature setting modes (maintaining the highest temperature is usually inaccurate).
- Product Design: The iron ought to be anything but difficult to control and operate. In the event that you are continually pressing the force button accidentally, that might be a sign that this flat iron isn’t made for you.
- Lightweight: Straightening your hair with a flat iron expects you to lift your arms for a long while. Pick an iron that isn’t very heavy for you and is simpler to deal with.
- Automatic turn off option: The most practical and important feature for somebody who forgets to switch off the iron.
- Warranty of your flat iron: The warranty should be for usually 1 or 2 years.
You need to keep these factors in mind when you buy yourself a flat iron.
Best Flat Irons For Short Hair Reviews
1) INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
This is one of the best flat iron for short hair as it makes your styling process easy, quick, and less messy. The features of this product will leave you amazed. This flat iron will make your hair frizz-free and manageable. This may be the most suitable tool for your hair. This product is just what you need to make your hair picture perfect in no time.
Features of the product
- This flat iron will bring the salon to your home by giving your hair a smooth, silky, and shiny finish that you crave for.
- Also, this product will distribute heat evenly to prevent any type of damage to your hair and ensure that your hair is healthy and strong.
- The product also includes a bonus .25 fl. oz. bottle of One and Only argan oil to keep your hair well-nourished and damage-free
- This hair straightener heats up in just 15 seconds, allowing you to style your hair quickly and effectively.
- If by chance you leave the flat iron on, there is an auto-shutoff feature available to turn off the flat iron.
2) Remington S5500 Anti-Static Flat Iron
This product can your personal stylist, you can not only straighten but also curl your hair. The product is easy to use with user-friendly controls. This is a must-have for all those who love styling their hair.
The digital screen will help you to control the heat that is applied on your hair. There are more such amazing features in this product mentioned below.
Features of the product
- Get instant heating in 30 seconds, style your hair quickly and easily.
- High heat option available to straighten your hair with just one pass, preventing overexposure to heat.
- There is a feature of 60 minutes auto turn off in case you leave the flat iron on.
- The flat iron consists of ceramic plates that help in quicker healing and a 30 % reduction in hair damage.
- There is a digital screen on the flat iron that helps to control the heat setting
- There is also a hinge lock available to protect the flat iron during storage.
3) HSI Professional 0.5″ Flat Iron
This is a flat iron especially for those who love to travel but don’t want compromise on their hairstyling. This product will give you a perfect look for every occasion and the best thing is that you can carry it anywhere.
This flat iron is so lightweight that you can just put it in your purse and forget all your hair styling problems.
Features of the product
- Gives you the styling results for any occasion without putting a lot of effort. It is quick and easy styling that will give you dramatic results even on frizzy hair.
- Ceramic plates with 8 heat balance microsensors in the flat iron prevent hair damage. There is even heat distribution so that fewer passes are required.
- The most attractive feature of this product is that its travel friendly because of portability. Not only is this flat iron small in size but also lightweight which makes it so easy to carry. You can just put this flat iron in your bag and style your hair anytime.
4) Tourmaline Ceramic LOVANI Hair Straightener
It is an easy travel-friendly flat iron which will be smooth on the hair and give you a natural straightening effect with shiny finish.
This product is so lightweight that you can carry it anywhere while you travel and straighten your hair easily.
Features of the product
- This is the best straightening product available for traveling as it will change according to the local voltage.
- This flat iron has a very compact design which makes it easy to straighten small hair, bangs etc. Therefore, this the best flat iron for short hair.
- You can store this flat iron even when it is hot in the heat resistant portable bag given along with product. So you don’t have to wait for the flat iron to cool down before packing it.
- It so light weight that you can carry it anywhere with you in your purse.
- You can use the flat iron at 410 – degree heat, which is salon high heat.
- 3D Floating Heating Panel is used in the flat iron to adjust to the thickness of your hair thickness to give best results. Also, because they give a broad area so that that you don’t have to pass your hair again and again.
5) Kiss Products Red Ceramic Flat Iron
This straightener is especially designed for short hair and it is the thinnest flat iron available in the market. It is just the right tool for short hairstyling. Now, even short hair can be styled more easily and effortlessly. If you have short hair and are fond of hairstyling, this is your best option.
Features of the product
- Availability of Ceramic Tourmaline plates for even heat distribution to reduce hair damage. These plates basically increase area so that you don’t have to pass over and over again on your hair.
- Portable and easy to carry wherever you go. This product is so light weight that it can fit in smallest areas in your purse or hand bag.
- Smaller size of flat iron helps to straighten bangs and short hair easily
To get the best flat iron for short hair you will need to compare from various products that are available. Your hair type, texture, thickness and length will really matter when you choose your hair straightener. You will need to check if your flat iron fulfills all your requirements or not before purchasing it.
Also, it’ll be important to consider all the factors like dual voltage, width and shape, digital display board, design, weight etc. before choosing your product. If you don’t check all these details, you might cause damage to your hair by using the wrong product.
Therefore, before choosing your flat iron list your requirements and match them with the product so that you bring the flat iron that suits your hair type and gives you good results.
1: Will flat ironing natural hair damage it?
Choosing the right flat iron for yourself will prevent hair damage. Ceramic plates in the flat iron prevent the hair from being damaged. Also, it depends on the which flat iron are you using? Usage of cheap quality straightener can cause a lot of damage to your hair
2: How long will the straightening effect last?
The straightening will last till the next time you wash your hair. It otherwise lasts for 2-3 days generally.Make sure that your hair is completely dry when you straighten your hair.
3: Which hair straightener is good?
Any hair straightener that suits your hair type, texture, thickness and length will be good for you. You need to check if your straightener meets your hair requirements. Straightener designed for short hair will not work for long thick hair.
4: Why to use a hair straightener?
Straightening your hair with remove the fizziness of the hair and make them shiny and manageable. Also because straight hair can suit all types of occasions.
5: Which hair straightener is good for curling?
Conventional flat irons are usually good for curling your hair. When you are curling your hair with straighteners or flat irons with larger plates, you’ll get bigger and looser curls than those you get with a half-inch model. These look really good in half-up, half-down styles and suit people who have mid-length hair. Waving your hair with flat irons is also the best with 1-inch plates.