Paula’s Choice Facial ExfoliantWorks like natural exfoliating.
Makes skin look younger.
Dr.G Brightening Peeling GelProvides the best moisturization.
Smoothly removes dead cells.
NEOGENLAB Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling PadsPatented three-layer design.
Two textures on peeling pad.
Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash OffBlack sugar exfoliates well.
Fights blackheads too.
Secret Key Lemon Sparkling PeelOrganic ingredientr.
Gentle on skin.
The process where you get rid of the dead skin cells is called exfoliation. It can leave your skin soft and glowing. When you practice exfoliation in the long term, it boosts collagen production in your skin. Collagen is the key to delaying early signs of aging. For firm, vibrant skin, we have made a list of the best Korean exfoliator for you.
K-beauty or Korean beauty products are becoming popular all over the world as they focus on maintaining healthy skin using natural ingredients. Use the Korean exfoliators described below, to get rid of dead skin cells, which may otherwise dry, flaky patches on your skin.
Best Korean Exfoliator – Buying Guide
In your quest for the best Korean exfoliator, there are some factors to look for. If you keep these factors in mind, you will not get overwhelmed by the wide range of exfoliators available today.
Factors to look for
- Physical or chemical?
Exfoliators can be broadly classified into two types – physical and chemical. What is the difference?
Physical exfoliators are available as beads, rough pads, scrubs, masks, or cream. They get rid of the dead skin cells through physical action. They interact with the visible layers of the skin to make it smooth.
Chemical exfoliators, on the other hand, can soak into the deeper layers of the skin. They dissolve the dead skin and thus are gentler than the physical exfoliants. Creams, masks, AHAs, and BHAs are considered chemical exfoliators.
If you instantly want smooth skin, go for a physical exfoliant. If you want an easy and gentle process, choose a chemical exfoliant.
- Skin type
Not all exfoliators are compatible with all types of skin. If you use a product that doesn’t go well with your skin type, it may cause a reaction.
- If you have normal or combination skin, go for a gentle product. Exfoliants rich in papaya and coffee extracts are good for this skin type.
- For dry skin, choose a product that has water-soluble components so that the moisture level is intact.
- Similarly, those with oily skin should go for exfoliants with oil-soluble ingredients.
- Finally, if you have sensitive skin, choose gentle exfoliants that have fruit extracts.
- The product’s concentration
The product concentration determines how well it will suit your skin. If you have delicate skin, you are better off with a mild exfoliant. For those who have mature, tolerant skin, a stronger exfoliant would be the best.
Best Korean Exfoliator Reviews
Here is a list of top products to help you find the best Korean exfoliator for your skin type.
Best Korean exfoliator for mature skin
This is a chemical exfoliant that works the best for blackheads, enlarged pores, wrinkles, and fine lines. You can say that it is the best Korean exfoliator for mature skin. It works well for combination skin too. Let us see the features of the product.
- The product is formulated carefully without any dyes or fragrances so that it works well for sensitive skin.
- The main active ingredient is 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid(BHA). This unclogs and diminishes enlarged pores, produces an even skin tone, and fights wrinkles, redness, and other signs that appear on mature skin. Hence it can be considered the best Korean exfoliator for mature skin.
- BHA is also called salicylic acid. It imitates the natural exfoliation process that happens in younger skin. Therefore, your skin sheds extra layers and the pores become clear.
- With this leave-on exfoliant, you can observe that your fine lines and wrinkles fade away.
- The other key ingredient is green tea extract. This soothes the skin and repairs skin that has worn out due to sun damage.
Best Korean exfoliator for dry skin
This exfoliant smoothly handles dead skin cells without causing irritation. This gentle exfoliator is one of the best Korean exfoliators for dry skin. Let us see the features of the product to understand how it works.
- It is formulated with cellulose that smoothly eliminates the dead skin cells.
- Other ingredients include Vitamin C and E which provide radiance to the skin. The black willow clears the skin to give a better tone.
- The ingredients such as honey, trehalose, and hollyhock produce a moisturizing effect and thus keep the skin hydrated. This is why the exfoliant is one of the best Korean exfoliators for dry skin.
- With largely positive reviews and ratings online, several users claim that the product is gentle, yet so effective!
This is a pure cotton gauze exfoliant with lemon extracts. It helps you shed all the old and dead skin cells to give pure, smooth skin. The peeling pads have 2 sizes – gauze side and embossed side. The gauze exfoliates the skin and the other side evens out the skin tone. Let us check out some of the features of this product.
- Due to the vitamin from the lemon extract, the skin develops a healthy glow.
- Along with removing dead skin cells, the peeling pads work to fight stains and dark spots on your skin.
- As it is made of pure cotton, it works gently. It is the perfect exfoliator for sensitive skin.
- The product has a three-layer patented design. Each layer delivers distinct benefits without agitating the skin.
- It is packed with wine extract which helps in achieving firmer skin. So, you have anti-aging benefits too.
Best exfoliator for combination skin
This is yet another top product among Korean exfoliators. It contains black sugar as one of its main ingredients. Let us see the features of the product to know more about its benefits.
- The hydrating mask washes off is formulated with Brazilian black sugar granules. Black sugar is known to have the vitamins and minerals required to restore moisture in the skin. Thus, if you have combination skin with dry patches, you can rely on this product. It is one of the best exfoliators for combination skin.
- The black sugar in this exfoliator is added in an unrefined form. Thus, it is rich in Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, potassium, riboflavin, and other vitamins that are good for your skin.
- Black sugar is an effective ingredient to combat blackheads.
- It is an organically produced product devoid of any harmful chemicals or pesticides. Thus, you can safely use it to exfoliate your skin.
- The ingredients in the mask work to remove dead skin cells, blackheads, and hydrate the skin. With 1-2 uses per week, you can notice that your skin feels nourished and rejuvenated.
This is a peeling gel rich in citric acid. One exfoliating session with this product brings a multitude of benefits for your skin. To know more about this product, let us explore its features.
- The main ingredient – citric acid gets rid of the dead skin cells.
- Vitamin C and pectin work together to nourish the skin. Your skin also develops a healthy glow.
- The carbonated water works with the green tea and papaya extracts to clear the pores in your skin and gives a refreshing feeling.
- The exfoliator moisturizes your skin (due to the aloe vera extract) and keeps it firm at the same time. You can expect that some of the elasticity of your skin will be restored.
- Other ingredients include witch hazel, camomile, and rice extracts. These produce a soothing effect on the skin.
What is the best Korean exfoliator?
There is no one-size-fits-all product when it comes to exfoliators. The best product depends on your preferences and skin type. Refer to the factors listed in the first section to guide you to the best product for your skin. Most of the Korean exfoliators contain organic ingredients and natural extracts – so your skin should be fine.
Which is the best exfoliator?
The definition of the best exfoliator changes for each skin type. If you have mature skin, the best exfoliator is one that combats wrinkles and fine lines. For dry skin, the best product would be that which hydrates the skin. So, know your skin type and choose accordingly.
What is the best exfoliator for legs?
We have exfoliating brushes made especially for legs. For the best results, use exfoliators with brown sugar, for your legs.
What’s the best way to exfoliate your face?
The best way to exfoliate the face is by making gentle circular motions to apply the scrub. Make sure to not exfoliate too frequently as it is bad for your skin. After exfoliation, rinse with lukewarm water and moisturize without fail.
If you want to take your ski to next level of exfoliating and smoothness you can try doing Dermaplaning, which has numerous benefits to the skin, and the best part Dermaplaning can also be done at home, you can check out How to Dermaplane at home to know more about Dermaplane.