Hair fall is a severe concern for both men and women. We try many remedies like different oils, treatments, etc., to avoid this problem. Reasons might be many like heat, dandruff, pollution, etc., but the results are adverse. The extent might go to permanent hair loss leading to baldness.
Though the remedies mentioned above are temporary, there is an effortless and feasible solution to this problem. The best laser hair growth device is a hassle-free solution that doesn’t require us to do any work. But, hold on! When I say laser treatment, I’m talking about low-level laser therapy. Let’s get to the details of it
Low-Level Laser Therapy – LLLT
LLLT was an accidental discovery. While he was experimenting with lasers and mice, a Hungarian Physicist unintentionally discovered that this is an effective way to treat hair loss. Low-level therapies are special laser therapies with no adverse side-effects like skin burning and damages. LLLT, in general, is a light source treatment generating light with a single and specific wavelength. Apart from light, there are no other emissions like heat, sound, etc.
Also known as bio-stimulation or photobiology, LLLT affects the tissue cells’ functioning. The connective tissue cells’ functioning accelerates and repairs the damaged tissues. Usually, light with wavelengths between 660 – 900 nm can penetrate the soft tissues and ease skin inflammation, damage, and repair tissues.
So, the wavelength of light emitted from a laser hair growth device lies in the range mentioned above. The laser density and photon wavelength also depend on the type of laser devices used, and the different devices available to us will be discussed in the later stages.
Why Lasers for Hair Growth?
Though there are many hair transplant and repair treatments available to us, the world finds laser hair growth devices convenient and feasible among all the available ones. The reasons for this choice are many, and some of them are as follows:
- The first thing all of us need to know about the best laser hair growth device is that there are no adverse effects from it. Short term or long term, we won’t face any problems with these devices.
- Given that we find and use a proper FDA certified laser device, there is no skin damage like burning, rashes, etc.
- Initially, for the first 1-2 weeks of using laser hair growth devices, hair loss increases significantly. But don’t worry. Lasers are actually awakening your hair’s follicles and eliminating the damaged hair. In the later stages, we find that hair loss is shallow, and hair density increases.
- Depending on the type of device we choose, it hardly takes anywhere between two to thirty minutes for each session. Also, the sessions can be 2-3 times a week only.
- As these devices work for both men and women, one device serves both you and your partner. In case the cleaning of the device is necessary, all you need to do is follow the manufacturer’s guide.
- Another significant advantage of these devices is portability. As they aren’t sophisticated and robust, we can wear them to do all the other works comfortably.
- These devices can be carried anywhere along with us, and we don’t have to make specific appointments with doctors and spa sessions.
The best laser hair growth device is way ahead of the other technologies in terms of portability, user convenience, performance, etc.
Table of Contents
Best Laser Hair Growth Device – Buying Guide
As we all know, choosing a proper device isn’t as easy as it seems to be. With numerous choices from multiple manufacturers, this choice becomes more challenging. So, to know how to pick a suitable device, we need to consider the following factors:
Factors to Look for to Choose a Suitable Laser Hair Growth Device
- Type of Device
We have a variety of the best laser hair growth devices available in the market. They are – laser caps, laser helmets, laser combs, and laser headbands. Let’s understand them in detail
- Laser Caps
Cap is a convenient option anywhere and for anyone. What will it take to place a cap on the head? Nothing, right. This is the reason why laser caps are preferred more than the others. Low light energy emitting laser is fixed onto a cap to perform the operation. Laser caps also thicken the existing strands while repairing baldness.
The process starts when we place the cap on the head for a considerable amount of time 3-4 times a week. Then, the lasers emit red lights of a specific frequency to make contact with the scalp. These rays penetrate into the hair follicles and make them active, i.e., initiates hair growth. All the inactive follicles leave the dormant state through this, and we can observe the hair growing again.
Apart from being so easy to use, laser caps are affordable as well. We don’t have to invest so much to find a good laser cap. Till now, no side-effects from FDA-approved laser caps are identified through clinical tests. It is evident that this is the safest method to consider for hair growth. For people who think that laser caps aren’t effective, proven results show that laser caps significantly improved the user’s hair condition.
- Laser Helmets
We are familiar with helmets, right? Yeah, the helmets we were when we drive bikes. The name laser helmet speaks everything we need to know about this device. As in the case of caps, lasers are fixed onto the helmet. The process of usage and its functionality is similar to a cap. When compared with caps, the problem with laser helmets is that helmets are more massive than caps, and they are expensive.
The results from laser helmets are useful, and we can notice significant hair growth results. At the same time, we cannot ignore the fact that they are heavy. Wearing them for a considerable amount of time for 3-4 times a week might be difficult. Usually, men prefer helmets more than women. But if you wish to have faster results, a helmet is the appropriate choice.
- Laser Combs
The name speaks everything, right! For people who love combing their frequently, this is the best alternative. Here, the laser emitting devices are fixed onto a comb. The process is the same, i.e., the light rays from lasers penetrate into deep hair tissues and convert them into actively working stages. Just as we use a general hair comb or hairbrush to comb our hair, we need to do the same here as well. The combing duration and patterns change, as this is a specially designed device for hair regrowth.
Laser combs deal with hair thickening, regrowth, stimulating the hair follicles, increasing hair density, and reversing the thinning process. A disadvantage with the other laser devices is that we need to wear them for a reasonable time and so we cannot create a unique hairstyle. But with combs, we can style the hair as and how we wish to. Feasible in every possible way, isn’t it?
- Laser Headbands
People who fancy headbands will find these best laser hair growth device convenient and unique. Without strong piercing teeth and rough build, laser headbands are relatively delicate onto the hair. Same as in the case of its colleagues, laser devices are fixed over a headband shaped material. A specific portion of hair can lock most light, using it to regrow, thicken and become denser.
Laser headbands are a convenient option if you wish to heal a particular portion of hair. Apart from headbands, there are other devices in this category, like overhead panels and salon hoods. These are generally used in salons and parlors, while the headbands are used for household purposes.
These are the different laser hair growth devices available in the market. Based on requirements and convenience, one can choose the appropriate one.
The type of device we need is entirely dependent on the purpose it needs to serve. It might be challenging to choose between laser caps and laser helmets as both of them are almost similar in functioning. The laser combs and headbands are no less than the caps and helmets. So, how do we choose the appropriate one? We cannot invest so much in an unnecessary device, right?
If the hair fall problem is all over the scalp in general, go with the caps and helmets. If the problem is specific to some areas of the scalp, i.e., headbands serve the best over the crown regions. Or else, the best hands-on approach is the laser comb if we need to target specific areas of concern.
The advantage of a laser comb is that it can focus exclusively on the problematic areas. The other devices focus on larger areas, and this might include unnecessary regions as well. So, based on the intensity of the problem and its extent, choose the type of device that serves the best.
Though the serving purpose is crucial, it wouldn’t be wise to invest so much for it. If we check with the available options properly, we find many best-serving devices at reasonable pricing. Usually, the cost of laser hair growth devices ranges anywhere between 200 and 1500 dollars on average. The pricing also depends on the number of diodes fixed to emit the laser lights. Laser combs are the cheapest of all the four devices with a price range of 30 to 300 dollars in general.
- Number of Diodes
The number of diodes decides the efficiency of the laser hair growth device. The more are these devices, the greater is the efficiency. If the device comes with more lights, the hair repairing process is faster and effective. Don’t be cheated, believing that caps and helmets have a larger diode density than the others. Mostly, some manufacturers cheat the customers by fixing a small number of lasers to caps and helmets too. Whatever might be the device, it should have a considerable number of diodes to emit the light. So, be very demanding in this factor.
The best laser hair growth device comes with a wavelength between 600 and 900 nm on average. The light emitted from the diodes fixed on the device needs to penetrate into the scalp tissues and repair the deeper layers of it. Based on the purpose, the light may be an excimer with a 308nm wavelength, or a helium-neon with a 632.8 nm wavelength, or an erbium glass at 1550 nm wavelength. The intensity of the problem decides the required wavelength. So, choose a laser device with the required wavelengths to serve the purpose better.
Low-level lasers cure hair-related problems, but they require a certain amount of time to give the actual results. As already mentioned earlier, we observe hair fall significantly in the initial stages of using these devices. This is because the penetrated lasers remove the damaged hair so that the follicles generate new hair. As we continually use the lasers, we can observe stunning results like dense hair, reversed thinning, new hair, negligible hair loss, etc. Remember to use the devices without a gap to get efficient results.
- FDA Approval
FDA, a United States Federal Agency of the Health and Human Services department, stands for Food and Drugs Administration. To ensure human safety, laser hair growth devices need a safety clearance certification from the FDA. It was in 2007 that laser devices were certified for hair loss. So, before buying, check for this before anything else.
So, these are the must-have features we need to check before buying a laser hair growth device. Before we check with some best-selling choices from amazon.com, here are some additional tips for better using the device.
For a helmet, cap, or band, the process of usage is almost similar. Before you start the process
- Wash and condition your hair with medicated products for the best results.
- Dry out the hair entirely and then place the device on the hair.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes and then remove it. If you use a laser comb, comb the required areas for the same time.
To increase the efficiency and lifespan of the devices, follow these simple tips
- Store the device in a cool and dry place to get the best results. Don’t leave under hot sunlight or dust.
- Before starting to use the device, study the user manual ultimately to better understand and use it efficiently.
- Before beginning with the laser therapy, wash the hair thoroughly, apply a good conditioner, and dry it completely. Using the device on damp hair may not give the desired results.
- Every device comes with a set of instructions and recommendations. If you wish to have good results without damage, strictly adhere to all the information.
- The manufacturers clearly mention the duration of using the device per each session. Never cross the recommended time as it may cause more harm than good.
- For best results, experts suggest the users start the process from the hairline. Try this out to get the maximum efficiency from the device.
Best Laser Hair Growth Device Reviews
The following are some laser hair growth devices available on amazon.com sorted based on the best laser hair growth device.
This is known to be one of the best laser hair growth devices with a 90 percent success rate and works on a range of hair-related problems. This laser hair growth cap from HairMax comes with the following features:
- The recommended treatment time for this cap is three times per week, with thirty minutes per usage.
- It comes with a unique bio-light comfort design, i.e., it delivers laser lights through calibrated openings.
- It uses 272 lasers with efficient performance and high-quality, looking just like a sports cap.
- It provides an obstruction-free path for the laser lights to penetrate through the scalp.
- It has clearance from the FDA and can be used by both men and women.
- This laser cap has proven significant results for hereditary hair loss problems as well.
- It comes with a 6-month money-back guarantee to ensure user satisfaction.
- It is one of the best laser hair growth device.
This is a laser helmet from iRestore and works effectively to cover a wide range of hair problems. It is available with the following features:
- It can be used by both men and women and comes with FDA safety clearance.
- It comes with a rechargeable battery, allowing mobile usage and portability, thereby enhancing user convenience.
- It uses clinical-strength LEDs’ lasers with a 650nm wavelength to effectively treat hair concerns.
- It promises hair growth with outstanding results within 12 to 24 weeks of proper and continuous usage.
- It requires a 25-minute session for every alternate day or three times a week.
- In case of dissatisfaction, the manufacturers provide a 6-month money-back guarantee.
- It is one of the best laser hair growth device.
This helmet from Theradome is a pro version with a more significant number of lasers than the previous version. Its features are as follows
- The PRO version has 80 lasers, and the other model known as EVO comes with 40 lasers.
- It can be used by both men and women, coming with FDA safety certification.
- It provides mobile treatment, i.e., the user doesn’t have to sit in a particular place during usage.
- Theradome uses laser phototherapy instead of LEDs for efficient hair treatment.
- It works on a wide range of hair concerns, including hair thickening, stopping hair loss, and hair regrowth.
- Theradome offers a 6-month return policy with a 100 percent money-back guarantee.
This is a cap-type laser hair growth device from the illumiflow store. It gives excellent results and comes with the following features:
- We need to use it thrice every week with a 15 to 30-minute session for every usage.
- It gives significant results within 4 to 6 months of continuous and recommended usage.
- It can be used by both men and women with a portable treatment facility.
- It uses 148 powerful lasers to treat hair concerns and is clinically safe to use.
- Illumiflow provides a 5-year warranty to cover the device’s damages if any.
- It is one of the best laser hair growth device.
This is another product from HairMax to treat hair loss problems. It is an easy-to-use comb and comes with the following features
- It is an FDA cleared laser comb and can be used by both men and women.
- It is a fast-working device requiring an 11-minute session on alternate days.
- It comes with a charging cradle that also acts as a stand, a rechargeable battery, a user manual, and a power cord.
- HairMax provides a 2-year warranty on this laser comb.
- It works on a range of hair problems like hair fall, hair thinning, age-related hair issues, etc.
This laser band is another best laser hair growth device from the HairMax manufacturing company. It comes with the following features
- It is available in two variants – Band 41 and Band 82, with the only difference in the number of devices used to emit laser light.
- It comes with FDA clearance and can be used by both men and women.
- In this laser headband, 41 clinical-grade lasers are used.
- It can be conveniently used along 6 hair sections, with a total of 246 laser coverage.
- It is incredibly lightweight and can be worn effortlessly with a 2-year user warranty.
- It concentrates on a wide range of hair-related problems.
These are some laser hair growth devices based on the best laser hair growth device. All the types of laser hair growth devices are covered in this list, and we can choose accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is best for hair growth?
Lasers with a wavelength falling between 600-900 nm are suitable for hair regrowth. Some FDA-cleared and safe laser devices available on amazon.com are listed above.
Do lasers really regrow hair?
Low-level lasers have proven to regrow hair by providing a nearly 38percent increase in hair for both men and women. So, lasers are one of the safe options to regrow hair.