Skin being the largest organ of the body, requires extra care and effort from us. Apart from being the largest, it is also the most sensitive organ to all the harmful sun rays, dust, and pollution. While the skin protects the internal organs from all these damages, due to the prolonged exposure, it goes through a lot of problems, and crepey skin is one among them.
The best lotion for crepey skin is a hassle-free solution to treat this condition with minimal efforts. It is convenient, economical, and we don’t require additional support for this method. So, people worldwide have found this way of getting rid of crepey skin to be an appropriate solution. Why? Here are the reasons for it:
• Though there are many treatments for the crepey skin condition, a lotion is pretty easy to use and doesn’t require much of our time.
• A lotion is a DIY at-home solution and suits the best for all people regardless of age and other influencing factors.
• We don’t have to make special appointments for treatment by disturbing our work schedules and use the lotion as and when required.
• It is easy to transport it wherever we go, and due to this, there is no tension of missing appointments for treatment.
• We don’t require external aid like people and other equipment to apply the lotion as it is easy and convenient to use, just as we use our moisturizers and others.
• A lotion provides the skin with all the necessary oils and ingredients to prevent crepey skin condition, moisturize, and hydrate the skin.
The reasons are familiar yet make a lot of difference, making the lotion stand-out as the best solution for crepey skin problems. Before we get to know how to choose a suitable lotion, let’s first understand what crepey skin is.
What is crepey skin? Is it a skin type or a skin condition? Crepey skin is a skin condition usually observed as age progresses. Usually, after 40, this skin condition appears. Ever noticed a crepe paper? That’s how crepey skin looks. The skin becomes saggy and loose.
The crepey skin looks similar to wrinkles but isn’t the same. The difference is that crepey skin’s impact is more extensive, whereas wrinkles appear on the face. The skin becomes thinner and fragile, losing its natural elasticity. Crepey skin is mostly seen on the arms and under the eyes.
Causes of Crepey Skin
Usually, crepey skin doesn’t appear until a person crosses forty. There are many reasons, sometimes individually and sometimes combinedly result in crepey skin. But, the most common and primary cause is exposure to UV radiation. People with fair skin tone are more prone to crepey skin when compared to others.
Other prominent reasons resulting in crepey skin include – skin dehydration, deprivation of sleep, gaining or losing weight substantially, nutrients’ deficiency, medications like prednisone, excessive smoking, and prolonged exposure to pollution. Another crucial and shocking reason for crepey skin is the excessive use of tanning beds. If you are someone who is very frequent in using tanning beds, better think about it.
Tips to prevent Crepey Skin
Some conditions and issues can be avoided with proper care and precautions. Crepey skin can also be minimized and prevented if we take proper care, starting at the right time. Instead of waiting for the signs to appear and then looking for solutions, better avoid it. The following are some tips that help prevent crepey skin.
Moisturizing the Skin
Water is undoubtedly the best solution for any kind of problem. After all, nearly 90 percent of our body is made of water. So, water is capable of many things. Moisturizing the skin and supplying it with a fair amount of hydration helps in preventing some injuries that provoke creepiness. Choose a suitable moisturizer according to your skin type and never miss to use it every day.
We know the main reason for crepey skin, right? It’s the UV rays. We also know that the primary source of UV rays is the Sun. So, the most crucial thing to prevent crepey skin is to avoid the Sun as much as possible. It is impossible to do that all the time as we have so much work to do, right? But don’t worry. When you need to go under the Sun, protect your skin with a good sunscreen with a sun protection factor SPF above 30 or some suitable cloth.
Fractionated lasers can aerate the skin by creating microscopic holes in it. When these holes contract and heal themselves, they create a fresh and new skin surface. This method also aids in evenly distributing the skin’s tone and texture. But, hold on! Prefer this method only if it’s necessary as lasers are also not safe for the skin.
Whenever you buy a moisturizer, be very sure of the ingredients it contains. For best results, choose moisturizers that come with plumping and lubricating ingredients like lactic, salicylic, and glycolic acids, or the best ingredient capable of giving exceptional results in curing crepey and dry skin – Hyaluronic Acid.
Best Lotion for Crepey Skin – Buying Guide
It is clear that the best lotion for crepey skin is a suitable solution to cure this skin problem as moisturization is vital for the skin’s health. So, take a look at the following factors that can help in curing the crepey skin.
Factors to Look for to find the Best Lotion for Crepey Skin
The first and the most vital factor to consider in a lotion is the ingredients it is made of. As we already discussed, some ingredients like Salicylic Acid, etc., are capable of curing and prevent crepey skin; it is evident that we need to first look for the ingredients. Some of the must-have ingredients are:
• Salicylic Acid – the significant advantage of this ingredient is that it doesn’t limit its effects to the surface. It deeply penetrates into the dermis areas and does the healing process from within. It is highly soluble when compared to others, making the process pretty easy. It provides deep moistures and heals the condition efficiently. Apart from crepey skin, Salicylic Acid can cure acne and epidermal breakouts as well.
• Antioxidants – The results from good antioxidants’ intake are a miracle. Essential antioxidants like Vitamin C, niacinamide, and retinol are must-have ingredients in the best lotion for crepey skin. To reduce dark spots and to boost collagen productions, Vitamin C is the whole and sole requirement. For wrinkles, we need niacinamide, and retinol is the best anti-aging ingredient. So, for the best lotion for crepey skin to be the best, antioxidants are a must.
• Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) – we find AHA as a common ingredient in beauty products because of its excellent exfoliating abilities. AHA gently exfoliates and brightens the derma regions. It protects the dermis from the harsh Sun and cures acne as well. Lactic Acid and Glycolic Acid are the most common and the best forms of AHA and must be in the best lotion for crepey skin.
2. Over-The-Counter Treatments
These treatments include different products with more potent ingredients. These skin care products can be anything like a cream, a lotion, etc. These products, including the lotion, come in different compositions and varieties. The user can choose the desired variants from the available choices for the best lotion for crepey skin.
But, keep in mind that the vital ingredients can be harsh on the skin and sometimes dries it out. Prolonged usage can damage the skin’s moisture barriers as well. These treatments are sometimes persuasive, but not all the time. So, before preferring the best lotion for crepey skin , check if your skin can withstand the powerful ingredients.
We have already discussed that adequately hydrating the skin with suitable moisture can prevent crepey skin entirely instead of just healing it. So, for a lotion to be the best, it should have the finest hydrating and moisturizing qualities to be able to prevent dermis’ dryness. Though it is a common promise from many brands to supply more than sufficient moisture, most of them are a failure.
The healing process largely depends on hydrating the skin with proper moisturizing lotions. So, take enough time and search for the best lotion that has invariable hydrating capabilities yet being pocket-friendly.
4. Natural Products
Natural and organic products are always a safe solution, as they do not cause side-effects. So, try choosing a lotion with maximum natural ingredients. Natural essence from olives, herbs, aloe vera, almonds, etc., can naturally boost moisture content in the dermis and epidermal regions. These natural ingredients also limit acne.
One main thing to do to avoid crepey skin is moisturizing the dermis region. So, avoid picking a lotion with clay as one ingredient for the best lotion for crepey skin on arms and legs. Clay fits in with the epidermal layers and not the derma. Clay is known to dry out the derma regions, i.e., the problem intensifies with such lotion. Research suggests that organic ingredients without clay are suitable and the best lotion for crepey skin.
A vital skin protein, collagen, is the main reason for a smooth dermis. We already know that collagen production reduces as we cross the twenties. This is one of the reasons for the crepey skin condition. So, collagen-boosting is essential to work for a lotion. Elastin is also a useful substance helping the skin to maintain its elasticity.
Vitamin C, cilantro, and aloe vera are the best boosters of collagen and elastin. So, for a lotion to be the best, these are must-have ingredients. Without these, we wouldn’t get the lotion’s required results, and buying such lotion is a waste of money.
Though we are well aware of crepey skin’s needs and hazards, having some additional knowledge always comes in handy in times of need. Have a look at the following tips for effectively reducing crepey skin conditions.
• Don’t use the lotion too frequently. Though moisturization is necessary, excessive hydration can do more harm than good. Consult an expert or a practitioner to know the directions of usage or follow the instructions that come with the lotion.
• To effectively reduce crepey skin, massage the arms, legs, and facial areas. First, apply the lotion and then try massaging the applied areas gently until the lotion is completely absorbed by the skin. We don’t need professional massaging techniques for this. Browse the internet for simple at-home techniques.
• To reduce the intensity of using a lotion frequently, use homemade remedies like sugar and honey scrub intermittently. This remedy not only exfoliates the skin but also helps in reducing exposure to chemical products.
• Instead of only depending on the crepey skin lotion, include nutritious food to provide required ingredients like vitamins and antioxidants that can help in giving faster results. Also, drink sufficient water so that the body gets the required hydration, and we don’t have to use the lotion too frequently.
Best Lotion for Crepey Skin Reviews
This therapeutic skin lotion from Adamia won the Women’s Choice Award as the best therapeutic lotion for skin. With Macadamia oil as a special ingredient for best results, it comes with the following features:
• It contains a blend of Promega-7 with macadamia oil rich in omega-7. It is best known to soothe dry skin and moisturizes it effectively.
• It is free of fragrance and doesn’t include harmful parabens.
• Petroleum, allergens, gluten, and related substances are entirely absent in this Adamia therapeutic lotion.
• With a non-greasy texture, it is easily absorbed onto the skin.
• It is made using plant-based or vegan ingredients.
• It is also known as the best lotion for crepey skin.
This is a full body and unisex lotion capable of healing the skin’s dryness. With the absence of artificial dye, it comes with the following features:
• It can be used on the whole body and effectively reduces the skin’s dryness.
• It keeps the skin moist for up to 48 hours.
• It doesn’t have any fragrance and color.
• It is rich in natural ingredients like urea, water, etc. to naturally exfoliate and treat crepey skin.
• It also reduces the skin’s bumpiness, roughness, and dryness.
• It is also known as the best lotion for crepey skin on hands.
The body repair treatment from Crepey Erase is a 3-step nourishment and repairing solution to treat crepey skin. It offers the following features:
• It includes an exfoliating body polish, an intensive body repair, and an ultra-hydrating lotion.
• Start with the polish on damp skin, continue with the repairing treatment application, and finish off the moisturizing lotion.
• This treatment nourishes and renews the skin’s complexion.
• It prevents excessive dryness and keeps the skin hydrated.
• It gives radiant, firm, and smooth skin.
• Prevents skin’s aging by removing dead cells and other aging signs.
The Retinol Cream from Medix is infused with aloe vera and black tea and is the best source of retinol or vitamin A. It comes with the following features:
• It uses natural ingredients to supply antioxidants and retinol to the skin to prevent aging signs.
• It uses natural ferulic Acid to rejuvenate the sun-damaged skin.
• Medix Retinol Cream effectively reduces dryness, wrinkles, dark spots, and fine lines.
• The skin gets soothing relief regaining its tone and elasticity.
• It is made of cruelty-free vegan products and natural extracts from rosemary, apples, etc.
• This lotion is free of harsh and reactive ingredients like parabens, sulfates, etc.
• It is the best lotion for crepey skin.
Gold Bond Skin Therapy Lotion
Gold Bond offers a variety of skincare products giving the best results, and this skin therapy lotion is one among them. It comes with the following features:
• It is specially formulated with seven different natural plumping moisturizers and three different vitamins along with vital lipids and proteins to reduce the skin’s dryness.
• This lotion is capable of locking the moisture for up to 24 hours.
• It gives a soothing relief to the skin and dramatically restores its moisture.
• It is the best lotion for crepey skin on arms and legs.
• It effectively moisturizes the face, hands, arms, and other body parts, considered to be the best lotion for crepey skin.
Crepey Skin Cream from Reshape+
Reshape+ manufactures the best skin care products, and the Crepey Skin cream is a great aid to cure crepey skin problems. It offers the following features:
• It is advantageous in erasing the appearance of crepey skin on different parts of the body, including the face, neck, legs, hands, etc.
• It soothes the skin and moisturizes it up to 88 percent more immediately as we start using it. For this, it uses Aquaspheres.
• Hyaluronic Acid is one key ingredient in this crepey skin lotion.
• Reshape+ uses completely natural ingredients to heal and rehydrate the skin.
• This lotion is free from parabens and isn’t harsh on the skin.
The skin repairing and renewal body lotion moisturizes, hydrates, and rejuvenates the skin. Its unique features are as follows:
• It contains Glycolic Acid – a form of AHA with a 4.0 pH level to encourage collagen production. This is derived from sugarcane juice.
• It is free from strong fragrances and harmful parabens.
• After usage, the skin’s texture is smooth, and its glow increases.
• Alpha uses natural and essential ingredients to prepare this body lotion.
• This lotion curbs the appearance of aging signs like wrinkles, fine lines, spots, etc.
• It uses nutrients and vitamins to supply sufficient moisture to the skin.
• To know if the products suit you, perform a patch test based on the directions mentioned on the product.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best lotion for crepey skin?
For a lotion to be the best to cure crepey skin, it should contain vital ingredients like antioxidants, hyaluronic Acid, salicylic Acid, retinol, etc. as its core. These help in retaining the skin’s moisture and stops the aging signs from appearing. Some of the best lotions available on amazon.com are listed above for reference.
2. Is there anything that really works for crepey skin?
With proper care and attention, crepey skin can be cured completely. Some tips and precautions and some best lotions available on the market listed above can help curb this problem.
3. Can Crepey skin be reversed?
With proper food, precautions, and an appropriate lotion, crepey skin can be minimized.