Blackheads are among the most common skin problems ever. However, when they appear on the inner thigh they are usually a bit more difficult to treat because they are harder to reach in comparison to blackheads on the face. They may or may not irritate, although you should treat them. In this article, we will be talking about inner thigh blackheads and the best way to treat and prevent them.
Best Inner Thigh Blackheads – Buying Guide
Before we get into more details, let us first know what causes inner thigh blackheads.
What causes inner thigh blackheads?
- Oily skin: Blackheads are seen to be more common in oily skin types. This is because the excess oil secreted sometimes accumulates to form blackheads. In addition to this, dirt is easier to accumulate on oily skin and adds to this problem. However, this problem can be easily dealt with by using some good skin products and a few good home remedies. This will control the secretion of excess sebum and help in preventing blackheads. This problem may persist if you forget to clean up after a heavy workout or dance session.
- Genetics: This means that for many people, inner thigh blackheads are not because of external causes. Because genetics is something you can’t control, this may be a bit difficult to deal with. It can particularly be seen when people are either on the threshold of puberty, going through menopause, or are in the perimenopause stage in their lives. Genetics has got to do more with blackheads than people realize. Hormonal imbalances that are caused due to genetics are one of the most important causes of most skin problems.
- Friction: This is one of the most important external causes because of which you may be facing blackheads on your inner thigh. Tight clothes are the worst when it comes to blackheads. Wearing tight clothes causes a lot of friction especially during hot and humid weather. This is why it is integral that you wear breathable and comfortable clothes during intense workout sessions.
When it comes to fashion, most of the time we may compromise on the aspect of comfort. However, there is a heavy price to pay because of this. Tight, uncomfortable clothes not only cause blackheads but may also be responsible for any rashes or other skin irritations that you have been experiencing lately. To avoid inner thigh blackheads, it is best to steer clear of fabric like rubber, vinyl, and polyester. Stick to loose, breathable cotton clothes.
How to get rid of inner thigh blackheads?
Blackheads, thankfully aren’t much serious of a problem and can be treated at home with a little care and consistency. However, if the irritation persists even after trying most home remedies, it is advisable to visit a professional skin doctor.
- Cleaning your thighs:
Blackheads are nothing but accumulated dirt, oil, and residue. The first thing that comes to our mind when it comes to removing any kind of dirt is cleansing. Cleansing is the first and most important step when it comes to any kind of skincare regime. If the skin hasn’t been prepped by cleaning it deeply, no skin product will work optimally. Even more important than cleansing, is the product that is used to cleanse the skin.
It is recommended that you use liquid cleansers and not bar soaps as the former are gentler and get the job done whereas the latter may cause dryness and further aggravate the problem. When purchasing a cleanser make sure I am mild and have a good PH balance.
The second step in any skincare routine is exfoliating. This step is as essential as the first step. The cleaner may clean the dirt but the stubborn dead skin cells are a little trickier to get rid of. For this, you will need a good scrubber. A good scrubber again isn’t one that just cleans well. It also needs to be gentle enough to not harm the skin. The area around the inner thighs is extremely sensitive and needs to be exfoliated gently.
Exfoliation may be done by two procedures: mechanical and chemical.
Mechanical procedures include sponges and loofas. These are easily available in the market and leave your skin feeling soft and supple. You should be careful to use gentle loofas and brushes. Using abrasive material will result in more harm than good. Face masks and blackhead scrubs are also a variant of mechanical scrubbers. Since the skin on our thighs is comparatively less sensitive than our faces, mechanical scrubbers are indeed a good option when it comes to removing blackheads.
Chemical exfoliation is not very different from mechanical exfoliation. Chemical exfoliation is good for people with sensitive skin. This type of exfoliation is usually gentler than mechanical exfoliation. This uses salicylic acid (a BHA), or alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) to melt the blackheads. For some people, this is more effective than mechanical methods. This method is also very effective when it comes to hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, and other skin problems.
Now that we know quite a lot about blackheads, let us talk about blackhead masks. What are blackhead masks you may ask? Blackhead masks are just like face masks that specialize in treating blackheads. These masks are gentle and will work great for you if you have a few blackheads that are not that stubborn. However, if you have stubborn blackheads, then these won’t be very effective. It is better to opt for mechanical scrubbers or chemical scrubbers as they are stronger than blackhead masks.
When to visit the dermatologist?
Usually, blackheads on inner thigh regions don’t need medical attention and can be easily cured with the right skin products and some good home remedies. However, if you are indeed facing a lot of irritation and the situation seems to be getting worse then you should visit the dermatologist.
The ideal time to visit the dermatologist is when the blackheads get very painful and cannot be removed by any remedies. Medical procedures are usually very minimal and don’t take much time. They are also affordable and anyone can get them done by the nearest dermatologist without much hassle.
So now after knowing so much about Inner thigh blackheads comes the time to venture out in the market to buy the best skin products for yourself. This may be very overwhelming for you if you are someone new to skincare products, this may be very overwhelming. To solve this problem, here are a few products that are easily available, affordable, and work magic for Inner thigh blackheads.
Best Inner Thigh Blackheads Reviews
The first thing that comes to your head when you see the name of this cleanser is that it is a facial cleanser. Now, many of you may be thinking whether facial cleansers work well when it comes to blackheads on inner thighs. The answer to this question is that yes it does work on Inner thigh blackheads and how. This is an extremely efficient skincare product and works wonders for all your blackhead related problems. Here’s why you should consider purchasing this product:
- Easy to use: The consistency of this cleanser is such that it is light and easy to use and can be used daily in the shower without any hassle. This cleanser foams easily and can be washed off easily as well. Just a small amount and you’re good to go.
- Gentle: Since it is a facial cleanser, it has been very carefully curated to be gentle on the skin. The PH balance is appropriate for sensitive and acne-prone skin hence it works wonders for blackheads on the thigh as well.
- How does this product work This product is made by combining an amazing combination of three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) which help in deep cleansing without disturbing the protective outer layer of the skin.
- Moisturizing: Usually cleansing products have the reputation of ripping off the skin of all its moisture. However, when it comes to this product, you can be assured that this won’t be the case. This cleanser contains hyaluronic acid which helps greatly in retaining the moisture in your skin.
- Anti-acne: This cleanser is an anti-acne formula and helps immensely if you have oily acne-prone skin. This cleanser is gentle and won’t further irritate the skin.
This product is a great exfoliator and has a huge fan following because of its effectiveness. As we know, after the most crucial step of cleansing, comes exfoliating. Exfoliating is essential to remove all the dead skin cells from your skin. The main cause of Inner thigh blackheads is accumulated dirt and dead skin cells. A good quality exfoliator will realty prevent any kind of blockage which in turn will prevent the appearance of blackheads. Why should you invest in this product? Read on to find out why.
- Why does it work so well: This exfoliator contains Salicylic acid which is a beta hydroxy acid and helps in deep cleansing by penetrating deep into the skin. This exfoliator is very gentle and is not very abrasive on the skin like other exfoliators.
- How to use it: This exfoliator is not like other exfoliators. You do not have to scrub off this product. Just apply evenly on the affected area after cleansing and don’t wash off. This is a light, clear liquid that is easy to apply and feels like nothing. It is extremely safe and gentle for all types of skin and hence is the perfect product for you if you have sensitive skin.
- Refreshed and glowing complexion: This product is extremely efficient and provides you with a glowing and healthy complexion. This exfoliator is indeed a very value for money purchase and hence makes it to our list of the most recommended products.
This is one of the “mechanical procedures” of exfoliation as mentioned previously in this article. Sponges have for a long time been considered great exfoliators. Activated charcoal is also one of the best exfoliators to have existed. What happens when both of these are combined? Enter the Konjac sponge. Read on to find out why this is the best exfoliator you can purchase for yourself.
- How to use: The best thing about this sponge is the ease of use. You can easily use any product with this sponge and it will increase its efficiency. This sponge also foams well and hence saves up a lot on your skincare products.
- Natural ingredients: This sponge is made up of bamboo carbon and authentic konjac root that helps immensely with deep cleansing and exfoliating.
- Gentle: This sponge is gentler because of its soft texture and won’t harm the skin. Just make sure you don’t apply a lot of pressure onto the skin while scrubbing with this or any other sponge for that fact.
- Better reach: With this product, you can easily clean the area in your inner thighs. Because of its shape, it can reach the inner areas of your body and clean effectively.
This again is a very strong cleanser. Due to its potency, it is better to avoid this product if you have really sensitive and reactive skin. However, if you don’t have any such problem then feel free to use this product. Since this product is indeed a strong one, remember to use it in the specified quantities.
- How to use it: This product is light and easy to apply and is hence one of the best products in the market. Just apply evenly on the affected area after cleansing. Since this is a strong product make sure that you do a patch test before you apply the product extensively. Use a cotton swab to apply effectively.
- Stronger formula: This product has a stronger formula hence has more effectiveness in some cases. However, it is indeed quite drying and hence should be used very carefully and a moisturizer should be applied mandatorily.
Treating blackheads isn’t rocket science. However, people indeed have many questions. Let us dive into a few of the most frequently asked questions about inner thigh blackheads.
Conclusively, it can be said that due to the very hectic lifestyle we lead these days, it is almost impossible to achieve the flawless skin we yearn for. However, with the right diet and a good skincare regime with good quality products can make this a possibility. Inner thigh blackheads usually don’t need medical attention at all. However, sometimes when they get very stubborn, they become painful and have to be removed surgically sometimes. However, this stage can be easily avoided with the help of a good diet and skincare routine as mentioned above.
At the end of the day, we should remember that Inner thigh blackheads are nothing to be ashamed of and will go with time and proper treatment. Make sure you get hold of a good skin doctor if the problem persists even after you have tried everything.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to treat blackheads on the inner thigh?
Usually, to completely treat all the blackheads it takes a period of 4 to 8 weeks. The reason it takes so long is that blackheads are stubborn and need consistent treatment. At the end of the day, it depends on your consistency and dedication. To get rid of your blackheads make sure you follow a strict skincare regime.
Can I get rid of blackheads naturally?
In our honest opinion, natural methods may or may not work depending upon the skin type of the individual. Also, natural methods take much longer than chemical methods. However, since they are mild, they may be a good option for people with sensitive skin. However, some natural ingredients are as potent as chemical ingredients and should be used very carefully.
How to get rid of clogged pores on inner thighs?
Clogged pores are the root cause of blackheads. Once dirt accumulates in pores, it keeps accumulating till it turns into a stubborn blackhead. It is hence always better to prevent dirt from clogging your pores by cleansing and exfoliating regularly. Along with carrying out a regular skincare regime, make sure that you use the best products in the market. Before completely indulging yourself in a product, make sure you do a patch test to know whether the product suits your skin.
How to prevent blackheads from inner thighs?
To prevent inner thigh blackheads make sure you regularly cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize your inner thighs. A routine may seem very overwhelming especially when you lead a very busy lifestyle and you can’t find the time for it. However even a very simple skincare routine will go a long way and keep blackheads on inner thigh regions at bay.