Getting smooth, glowing skin is everybody’s dream. You apply tons of cosmetic products with the real intention of getting flawless skin. However, skin problems like acne, stubborn scars, and enlarged pores can ruin the texture of your skin. If not treated at an early stage, these damages take a long time to vanish away.
As innovative cosmetic procedures have taken the beauty industry by storm, Microneedling is slowly gaining popularity. Microneedling refers to the process of injecting small needles onto the skin’s surface to stimulate the production of collagen. In this way, it can tackle some of the most common skin issues like-
- Dark spots
- Acne and acne scars
- Surgery scars
Microneedling aims at bringing back your youthful glow. It makes your skin smoother and brighter. A single session of Microneedling makes your skin plump.
While Microneedling has tons of benefits, Microneedling aftercare is an important factor to consider. Individuals with sensitive skin need to be extra careful with this procedure. Therefore, what to do after Microneedling? How should one tackle the process of Microneedling? What does Microneedling before and after look like?
This article will give you an insight into the Micro-needling side effects. A detailed guide about Microneedling post-care or what to do after Microneedling is also available for the readers.
The real picture of Microneedling
Skin issues tend to take a toll on your daily life and make you feel stressed. Clear skin, on the other hand, gives you confidence. Microneedling is a safe cosmetic procedure, considered effective by dermatologists. If you are suffering from acne scars or pigmentation, Microneedling can be done on your skin based on the following factors:
- The type of skin you have
- The nature of the issue
- The number of sessions required
The Microneedling aftercare will show the difference in your skin. You will be amazed to check out the results, keeping in mind that they aren’t temporary at all. Before starting with Microneedling, the doctor analyzes your skin type. Special care needs to be adopted for too sensitive skin. As Microneedling redness is very natural, it is important to focus on micro-needling aftercare to heal your skin faster.
To ensure that your skin recovers quickly, consultation with your doctor regarding post-Microneedling care is mandatory. The specialist will guide you through all the steps one by one so that you don’t mess up anything. Hence, let’s take a look at what Microneedling before and after looks like.
Microneedling pre-treatment: What you should and should not do?
Why are Microneedling aftercare instructions important? Once your appointment with the doctor is confirmed for Microneedling, it is essential to prep your skin first. Here are some tips about what you should do before Microneedling:
- Do not use any kind of harsh creams on your skin. Avoid using heavily medicated creams, especially topical agents like retinoid, antibiotics, etc. When you apply these products, the skin becomes too sensitive. It can cause heavy damage and lead to further sensitivity during Microneedling.
- You should not use products with Accutane.
- Exfoliation is a big no at least a week before Microneedling. Exfoliation can cause the skin pores to open up and cause irritation. Microneedling aftercare instructions advise washing your face with lukewarm water only. However, you can use a mild cleansing agent once a day for cleaning your face.
- Anti-inflammatory medications should be avoided at all costs before Microneedling. Even for Microneedling aftercare, limit the use of these products as much as possible. Such medications can interfere with the skin’s natural rejuvenation and cause unwanted irritation.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun before Microneedling. When stepping out, apply light sunscreen only. Try limiting sun exposure at least two weeks before the treatment. Sun exposure can disturb skin radicles and slowing down the process of collagen production. As a result, skin healing will take place slowly.
- If you occasionally shave or wax your face, it is important to stop doing so before Microneedling. Both shaving and waxing can irritate the skin. Even if you have hair on your face, you can shave it off a day before you the Microneedling treatment.
What to anticipate at the time of Microneedling?
When you have finally reached the skincare center, it is important to stay calm. There is nothing to stress out about the treatment because it is performed by experts only. Plus, Microneedling is effective for all skin types and will bring long-lasting results. However, how long does Microneedling take?
Usually, three to four sessions of Microneedling is necessary, based on the skin condition you are suffering from. For marks and scars, a maximum of five sessions is enough. Try to stay comfortable as far as possible during the treatment.
The process of Microneedling starts with the following steps
- First, the doctor will take a careful look at your skin type. Now, proper lotions and creams are used to clean the skin.
- The doctor will learn about the recent medications you have taken. This is important to track down the reaction of the treatment on your skin. In addition to that, the doctor will plan your post-care treatment based on this condition.
- Once your skin is thoroughly cleaned, the doctor will apply a layer of ‘’topical lidocaine’’ on your skin. This will prevent excessive itching, redness, and other irritations if your skin is too sensitive.
Once everything is set, the doctor starts the micro-needling aftercare procedure. It takes 50 to 60 minutes to complete one session of the treatment.
Things to be careful about Microneedling post-care: What to do after microneedling?
Microneedling aftercare is the most important phase once the treatment is over. Now that your skin is sensitive to touch, here are some of the things you should be careful about in Microneedling aftercare.
- Your skin will feel a little too tight right after the treatment. This condition is quite normal and there is nothing to worry about. Your skin cells are in the process of rejuvenation. You will see your skin peel off slowly. Try not to touch your skin in any way. Scratching or scrubbing off is a complete no.
- Dryness of the skin will automatically occur. This is due to skin peeling. Microneedling post-care consists of applying medicated creams in small quantities. You can return to your favorite cosmetic products only when all the sessions of Microneedling are over.
- The worst thing that you can do to your skin is shaved or wax immediately after Microneedling. Microneedling post-care prohibits waxing, threading, shaving, and other cosmetic procedures on your skin. It not only causes skin irritation but makes your skin extra sensitive to rashes and even infections.
If you are unsure what to do after Microneedling, seek professional help. Never adopt any methods of post Microneedling care on your own. It is best to consult your doctor and seek advice on Microneedling before and after aftercare. The doctor will provide you all the details of how to look after the skin once finishing with the treatment.
The magic ingredient for post Microneedling care
There are tons of toners and creams available in the market that is recommended for Microneedling post-care. Although you will receive Microneedling aftercare instructions, from your doctor, pay attention to one specific ingredient, which is hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid for Microneedling has tons of benefits. This is the best ingredient that is preferred by doctors due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Hyaluronic acid for Microneedling will keep your skin softer and promote the production of collagen. Hence, try to use this magic ingredient on your skin at least twice a day or as recommended by your doctor.
The common side-effects of Microneedling
Micro-needling side effects are very common. Especially when your skin is extra sensitive, you will feel some sort of discomfort for a week or two. However, here are some of the most natural Micro-needling side effects, you should be aware of:
- Light swelling of the skin
- Skin peeling
There is nothing to worry about with regards to Micro-needling side effects. To reduce Micro-needling side effects, and speed up the procedure for Micro-needling aftercare, here are the simple tips you should follow:
- Get hold of good skin cream.
- If you notice skin peeling after Microneedling, avoid touching your face. As the skin peels itself, take a scissor and get rid of the peel lightly. Do not scratch your face.
- Once you see your skin healing, start using a serum. The best serum after Microneedling should consist of ingredients like lavender, tea tree oil, etc. These ingredients will cool down your skin and help it to heal faster.
- Micro-needling aftercare should consist of using a mild rash cream, in case you have mild rashes on the skin surface. Simply take a small amount and rub on the area. Leave it for the skin to absorb.
- When stepping out in the sun, you must apply sunscreen. You do not want your skin to get irritated further with the strong UV rays.
- Follow a healthy diet to improve your skin faster. The food you eat plays an important role in post Microneedling care. You have to be extra cautious of what you eat after the treatment to save yourself from side effects.
How is Micro-needling aftercare different from other cosmetic procedures?
When considering Microneedling as your treatment method, it is important to figure out what goes best for your skin and whatnot. At the end of the day, you are trying to make yourself better and flawless. Hence, post-care and after treatments are mandatory to restore skin balance. Paying attention to small details of Microneedling before and after will help you achieve that unblemished look in no time.
There is, however, one little detail that individuals should know about. How is Micro-needling aftercare different from the other cosmetic post-treatments? What makes it unique? As Microneedling is a painless treatment, the results are quite long-lasting as other cosmetic options. While it is completely acceptable to opt for other procedures as per your skin issue, Microneedling before and aftercare are away more sensitive.
For example, hyaluronic acid for Microneedling is a boon for your skin. Microneedling aftercare instructions allow you to use a limited amount of products only. While you may be able to participate in many outdoor activities when adopting different cosmetic procedures, you have to be extra careful with Microneedling.
As small needles are injected onto your skin, this treatment requires you to stay indoors as much as possible. Microneedling before and aftercare should consist of a holistic plan that works in favor of your skin. Try not to do anything rough to your skin as much as possible. Keep away from all activities that cause you to sweat. This is because of skin redness and irritation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do after Microneedling?
If you are unsure what to do after Microneedling, here are some of the Microneedling aftercare instructions.
- Try to keep your skin hydrated. Drink lots of water and other fluids to restore the elasticity of the skin.
- If you are feeling any kind of pain, mild pain killers are effective.
- Use an anti-inflammatory cream.
- Perform light yoga only. You can also try doing light breathing exercises.
- Use dermatologically tested makeup only. Applying mineral makeup is the best idea.
- When sleeping, lay back your head.
- Gentle washing of your face is recommended.
- Hyaluronic acid for Microneedling treatment is best. It will hydrate your skin, make it plump and restore skin’s natural smoothness and glow.
What should you not do after Microneedling?
Microneedling aftercare instructions are necessary to follow. This will prevent side-effects and other skin irritations. However, here are some of the things that you should not do after Microneedling:
- Avoid rough exercises. Do not start cardio training.
- Avoid sun exposure.
- Do not apply too much retinoid to your skin.
- Try not to touch your face often.
- Avoid using scrubs, cleansers, and other cosmetic products on your skin for at least a week or two.
When can I wash my face after Microneedling?
Post Microneedling care is very important to focus on. Do not wash your face too often. You should use mild cleansers only. Foam-based products are the best. Washing your face just once or twice a day is enough for your skin. Try to be very gentle to your skin at least for the upcoming months. As you will be continuing your microneedling sessions, you must follow all the washing instructions carefully. Choose ingredients that are light on your skin. Avoid any kind of heavy makeup that can clog your pores.
Can Microneedling ruin my skin?
Microneedling aftercare instructions consist of steps that will help your skin heal faster. However, Microneedling won’t harm your skin. It won’t ruin your skin in any way. Microneedling is a very safe procedure. It is better than most skin treatments out there. In addition to that, the doctors will address all your issues comfortably to minimize Micro-needling side effects. Microneedling before and after results are quite amazing with just one sitting only!
How long does it take to heal from Microneedling?
Now that the process of Microneedling is over, it is important to focus on Micro-needling aftercare. It takes around two weeks to heal your skin completely before you go for another round of Microneedling. However, before going for another appointment, make sure to clarify all issues with the doctor. Once the doctor agrees and approves another session, you can work towards prepping up your skin for the treatment again.
Do you put the serum on before or after Microneedling?
Applying the serum is very important before and after Microneedling. In Microneedling post-care, Hyaluronic acid for Microneedling is a good idea. You will find hyaluronic acid serums, which are suitable for all skin types. This serum can be applied before and after the treatment. As the serum penetrates deep within the layers of your skin, it boosts the healing process and minimizes any kind of Micro-needling side effects.
Is Micro-Needling painful?
Micro-needling is not at all a painful procedure. It is undertaken by specialized doctors, who are well-trained with years of experience. They make sure that your skin is well prepped before starting the treatment. Once you are done, Microneedling aftercare instructions must be strictly obliged for receiving better benefits.
How do you sleep after Microneedling?
Once you are done with Microneedling, there are certain areas that you need to be aware of. The difference between Microneedling before and after varies with the issue. The most important concern, however, is sleeping. Microneedling post-care allows you to sleep straight, without tilting your head too much at the back or the front. Try to minimize sleeping sideways. In this way, the skin will heal faster. You won’t ever face any kind of discomfort either.