If you are looking for the best products for oily skin and large pores, then you are in the right place. In the earlier days, taking care of your skin wasn’t such a big deal considering the balanced lifestyle people would lead. However, with the changing times, life has indeed become busier for us all. It is very difficult to maintain a work-life balance in such a chaotic scenario. Even after we try to fix our lifestyle, somewhere along the line we miss out and our skin suffers.
Before we start talking about skin problems, let us get to know the various skin types. There are three broad skin types namely: oily, dry, and combination. Out of the three, oily and dry are more problematic and need to be more carefully maintained than combination skin. In this article, we will be talking about oily skin.
Oily skin is the result of excess sebum secretion from the skin glands. This excess secretion results in the formation of large open pores which in turn can contribute towards acne. The products that help with oily skin and large pores are one that can reduce and regulate the amount of oil secreted by the glands and keep large pores and acne at bay. You may be using natural remedies for your oily skin but to make your skin regime more effective, make sure you take a look at these top-rated products mentioned later in this article.
Best Products For Oily Skin And Large Pores – Buying Guide
Before you start investing in any kind of skin products, there are a few factors that you should surely consider. Considering these factors will help you to get the full value for your money and will make sure that your skin can take full benefit of the products. Whether you are looking for the best products for oily skin and large pores or other skin products that help you with your dry or combination type skin, here are a few factors that you should keep in mind.
Factors to look for
- Price: The most important factor you should consider before you invest in any products is the price range. Don’t be under the misconception that the priciest products work the best. There are many products in the market that are affordable and work wonders. The only thing you have to do is do your research well. With so many products in the market, it is very easy to get confused and misled into buying sub-quality products. If you are very confused and don’t know where to start, it is always better to take the help of a friend who knows their way around skin products.
- Brand: This one is a bit difficult or people who are just getting started with skincare. However, if you have a brand that suits your skin, it is always better to stick to that particular brand and not experiment with a lot of brands. Doing this will be harmful to your skin in the long run. If you have just started with skincare products, make sure you read enough reviews on the product or ask a friend with a similar skin type who’s used similar products for first hand and trusted reviews.
- How to use: Most of the products you claim don’t work well maybe because of the wrong usage. You may think it isn’t a big deal but following the instructions of the product may positively impact your skin regime. Make sure you carefully read how to apply the product and exactly apply it like that. This also includes the correct usage of equipment used for applying the product onto your skin. For example, when it comes to a face pack, you should apply it with a soft silicone spatula and not a hard one as that may cause damage to your skin. In the end, as they say, it’s all in the little things.
- Ingredients: This again is a very important point to consider when it comes to purchasing good skin products. A skin product may work very well for some but it may not work for you because you may be allergic to one or more ingredients. It is hence very important to carefully examine all the products before purchasing any skin products. Some products claim to be very skin-friendly and suit all types of skin, however, it is always better to be safe than sorry. Make sure you do good research on all the ingredients and do a patch test on your wrist before applying the product in large quantities.
Best Products For Oily Skin And Large Pores Reviews
1. Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Daily Face Wash
The first step in any skin regime involves cleaning the skin first. The skin on the face is way too fragile and sensitive when compared to the skin on the rest of the body. Hence, the face needs a cleanser that is very effective yet gentle. When it comes to oily skin, one should select a facewash that can take off the excess oil and yet keep the skin looking fresh and hydrated. Here are some of the features of this facewash that indeed make it a winner among the best products for oily skin and large pores.
- Contains charcoal, a natural deep cleanser: Charcoal has been said to be one of the most effective cleansers to ever have existed. It deep cleans your pores and balances the amount of oil secretion hence providing you with a fresh and dewy glow.
- Foams well: This face wash foams very well. One of the most important elements of a good face wash for oily skin is that it must foam well. This product clearly stands up to its claims and cleanses very efficiently.
- Do not need a separate cleanser: With this face wash, you will not need to use a cleanser separately. This face wash is enough for all your deep clean requirements.
- Gentle enough for daily use: One of the drawbacks of facewashes is that if used very frequently, they may dry out your skin. However, this facewash has been carefully designed to be very gentle on your skin yet be very effective in terms of cleansing.
2. Cetaphil Pro Dermacontrol Purifying Clay Mask
If you are someone who knows their way around skincare products, then you would know how famous a brand Cetaphil is. Cetaphil is one of the most trusted and highly respected brands when it comes to skincare. This is one of the most recommended skincare products by a professional skin doctor. Cetaphil products are usually very effective when it comes to acne problems.
Here’s why this is among our top recommendations for the best products for oily skin and large pores.
- Deep cleansing clay mask: One of the best natural remedies for oily skin is clay. Clay is found to be very effective when it comes to oily skin and any acne-related problems. This leaves the skin feeling fresh and squeaky clean.
- Helps improve skin tone: Not only does the bentonite clay help in absorbing the excess oil, but the pure Amazonian clay also gently acts as a scrub and gently exfoliates the skin.
- Nourishes the skin: The apple fruit and the cucumber seeds oil present in this clay mask helps in nourishing the skin.
- Suits sensitive skin: This is a perfect skincare product for people with sensitive and acne-prone skin.
3. Skinceuticals Daily Moisturize Pore-minimizing Moisturizer
If you have oily skin, most of the time you may have heard people suggest you not use any moisturizer. However, don’t fall into this trap. A good moisturizer is integral to maintain the elasticity of the skin and keep wrinkles at bay. Here is why this moisturizer maybe your best purchase yet:
- Lightweight: One of the main reasons why this product makes it to our list of the best products for oily skin and large pores is because it is extremely lightweight and doesn’t weigh down your skin. It also makes your pores look smaller which in turn results in a glowy, flawless finish.
- Contains vitamin E: This moisturizer contains vitamin E which as mentioned previously works wonders or any type of skin.
- Brazilian sea algae: Products with algae extracts have been the rage these days and rightly so. Algae has numerous skin benefits and helps you achieve the skin of your dreams.
- Travel friendly: Comes in a leak-proof, travel-friendly container.
4. Elizavecca Hell Pore ControlFacial Serum
Very few people talk about the importance of facial serums in our daily skin regimes. After all the cleaning and washing, we need something that’ll protect our skin from dirt and other impurities. The serum works wonders when it comes to this. Read on to find out why this makes it to our list of the best products for oily skin and large pores.
- Suitable for all skin types: This serum is suitable for all skin types and is hence very skin-friendly.
- Reduces enlarged pores: This serum helps in reducing the size of large pores and helps in maintaining the balance of moisture in the skin.
- Helps with wrinkles: This serum helps extensively in keeping wrinkles at bay and keeps your skin looking soft and supple.
- Acts as a moisturizer: This serum also acts as a moisturizer and protects your skin from dryness, wrinkles, etc.
5. Paula’s Choice RESIST Daily Pore-Refining Treatment
Making it to the top of our list is this amazing product. Read on to find out why you should definitely get your hands on this product ASAP.
- Water light formula: This exfoliator is water light and hence is very different from other exfoliators. This helps in reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Perfect for acne-prone skin: Due to its light texture, it is perfect for acne-prone skin. This product is super skin-friendly and doesn’t irritate your skin.
- No parabens: One of the first things you should eliminate from your skin regime is cosmetics having paraben. This product isn’t the only paraben-free, I am also fragrance-free which means it is free from all chemicals hence is safe on sensitive skin as well.
- Comes in travel-friendly bottles: All Paula products have been packed in such a way that they are leak-proof and are hence very travel friendly.
6. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
This again is one of the best facial cleansers for oily skin. Read on to know why:
- Suitable for multi-purpose uses: This cleanser isn’t only a facial cleanser but is also suitable for use on the body and hands.
- Contains ceramides: This product contains three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) that reduce the oil on your face and yet take care not to strip the skin of all its moisture.
- Contains hyaluronic acid: This helps in retaining optimum moisture and keeps your skin soft and supple.
- Foams well: This facewash removes oil very well and hence is perfect for you if you have oily skin.
7. Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer
Moisturizers are very important even for oily skin. Read on to find out why this is the perfect addition to your skincare regime.
- Gentle formula: This moisturizer is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, oil-free, and alcohol-free which makes it perfect for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Lightweight: This moisturizer is very gentle and lightweight and doesn’t weigh down your skin.
- Can be used under makeup: This moisturizer won’t come I way of your makeup and will add to your glow.
- Dermatologist recommended: Most professional skin doctors recommend Neutrogena for any skin problems.
Conclusively, this is only an inclusive list of the best products for oily skin and large pores. However, these are a few of the best products in the market. Our team has made sure that they select a few of the best products with the best customer reviews and ratings. Due to the presence of many skin products in the market that claims to be the best it may get overwhelming sometimes. However, with this short and compact list, we can assure you that you will end up making the best value for money purchases for yourself. Hence, if you are looking for the best products for your oily skin, make sure you read this list carefully.
Before ending the article, let us get to know about a few frequently asked questions which may have crossed your mind as well.
Frequently asked questions:
Does my stress accelerate my oily skin problems?
According to many skin specialists, stress can have a direct and negative impact on your oily skin. Stress is the body results in the secretion of some chemicals which in turn result in higher production of cortisol which again, in turn, results in your skin glands producing much more oil than usual.
Which vitamins are best for the skin?
Usually, one may take vitamin supplements for their skin provided they do not have any prior medical conditions. If they do, it is always better to take any kind of supplements only under medical supervision. Vitamins B, C, and E are usually the best vitamins for the skin. These 3 vitamins are more or less always present even in the best skincare products. So while looking for the best products for oily skin and large pores, make sure you see to it that these vitamins are present.
Is scrubbing bad for oily skin?
Usually, scrubbing is very good for the skin and is an integral part of a good skincare regime. However, as we know, excess of anything does more harm than good. It is true that scrubbing in the right proportions can remove dead skin cells and unleash that amazing glow. However, scrubbing a lot can cause micro-tears and large pores. So if you indeed want to add scrubs to your skin regime, keep it limited to 1-2 times a week and not more than that. If you have oily skin, make sure you use a scrub that isn’t oil-based and is specifically designed for oily skin.
Do I need to moisturize my face?
Against the popular belief, people with oily skin should also use moisturizers to keep their skin in good condition. However, it is recommended to not use mainstream moisturizers and use moisturizers that are specifically designed for oily skin. These moisturizers make sure that they do not add to the oiliness of your skin and yet keep your skin looking hydrated and fresh.
Does my diet impact my oily skin in any way?
Usually, oily skin is a general skin type and has more to do with genetics than the kind of food you eat. However, your diet may be massively impacting your skin if it contains lots of fried and junk food. Not only does this increase the oiliness of your skin, but it also contributes to acne and other skin related problems. The first step towards having healthy skin is having a well-balanced diet and drinking enough water.