Hair is considered to be one of the most prized possessions in a human body. People may not care about any other thing in their body when it comes to appearance but one thing they cannot overlook is their hair. Most of the hair types are easy to handle but one hair type that seems to create most of the problems is oily hair.
They just can’t seem to set without extra care. There are a wide range of drugstore shampoos present in the market that can trick you into buying a shampoo that may not be suitable for your scalp. To take care of your scalp it is of utmost importance that you buy nothing but the best drugstore shampoo for oily hair.
The question that most people have in mind that should they really choose a drugstore shampoo when there are so many salon products available in the market. The answer to your question is yes, you should buy drugstore shampoos as they treat your hair with all the ingredients that are necessary for the perfect treatment.
Table of Contents
Best Drugstore Shampoo For Oily Hair – Buying Guide
Now buying the best drugstore shampoo for oily hair can be a difficult task with so many options available. There are certain factors like texture, skin type, pH value, ingredients and many more that, if not acknowledged, can cause a major confusion between so many products that you will end up buying the wrong product. Here listed a few factors discussed in detail that you might want to think twice about before buying any drugstore shampoo for oily hair.
Factors to look for buying the best drugstore shampoo for oil hair
- Texture of the shampoo:
One of the few things that people ignore mostly is the texture of the shampoo. Texture plays a vital role in choosing the best drugstore shampoo for oily hair. Hair with a thin texture should avoid creamy or foamy shampoos. The best suited texture of shampoo that people with thin hair can opt for is the gel based shampoo whereas people with thick or heavy hair should go in for cream based or foam based shampoos. With the correct texture you are one step ahead for choosing the shampoo that is best suitable for you.
- Ingredients of the shampoo:
This is something that that people do not think about reviewing before buying a shampoo. The ingredients bottled on the product are a must to read. You should know that there is no such ingredient present in the shampoo that may cause any harmful side effect instead of acting as a cure for your oily hair. There may be some of the ingredients present that may cause an allergic reaction to your sensitive hair which require much extra care for them to look all healthy and heart. So giving a look at the ingredients is a must.
Sulphates are chemical substances that are present in the shampoos which are used to remove excess oil and dirt from the hair. There are basically two types of sulphates present in drugstore shampoos that are available: sodium lauryl sulphate and sodium laureth sulphate. You would want to go for sulphate free shampoo because sulphates deprive the skin of oil and which is necessary thus making the body to produce oil in excess and not solving the problem but adding into it.
Anytime you should choose sulphate free shampoo over the sulphate one because that is very harsh on the skin and definitely not the best drugstore shampoo for oily hair.
- pH value of the shampoo:
There are so many things that can go wrong for people with oily hair. Another factor that may be looked over by everyone is the pH factor of the shampoo. Highly acidic shampoo can cause damage at the same time highly alkaline shampoos can also cause damage to the hair. Therefore, shampoo with a balanced pH is an absolute necessity. Usually the pH range 4.5-5.55 is a go for all the people struggling with oily hair. Mildly acidic shampoos work perfectly for oily hair.
Last but not the least one factor which can vary as per an individual’s choice is the fragrance he/she wants to opt for. Some might want to go for a strong and bold fragrance and some might choose nothing but a simple mild fragrance. That totally depends over the person who is buying the shampoo.
- Brand and packaging:
Usually most of the drugstore shampoos that you will be tempted to buy are not exactly what you would be looking for, these are products that contain a lot of chemicals in them. Any local brand may provide you with a cheap alternative of shampoo rather than what you may want to have
Therefore, brand and packaging is one thing that is a very important factor while buying the best drugstore shampoo for oily hair. Always make sure that you buy-in from a trusted brand only as you cannot negotiate with the quality of your hair.
So buying the best drugstore shampoo for oily hair can be an easy deal if you consider the above-mentioned factors.
Best Drugstore Shampoo For Oily Hair Reviews
This is one of the best shampoos that are available in the market for oily hair. The features of this shampoo are just too good to be true, with features like paraben-free and silicon-free this shampoo tops the list.
Features of the product:
- This shampoo comes with a paraben and silicone-free formula
- It also has the goodness of aloe extracts which also acts as a great nourishing agent.
- Enriched with the goodness of vitamin E this makes it more viable for purchase.
- Plus all the ingredients work in perfect harmony to deliver health and glossy hair.
This shampoo is a little over all those stereotypical cream based shampoos. This is dry shampoo. It is so easy to use that you would want to mark this as the best drugstore shampoo for oily hair. This is an instant solution to dry hair all you have to do is spray a good 4-5 times and you are all set.
Features of this product:
- It leaves hair looking refreshed without having to wash them
- They absorb excess oil from your hair
- It deeply cleans by absorbing the excess oil without having to apply water to your hair.
- It is an instant solution to oily hair.
- This shampoo has a special weightless formula that provides extra volume to the hair.
- A few quick sprays and you should be good.
This undoubtedly has to be one of the best drugstore shampoos for oily hair. The features in this one are amazing. It has everything that you would want in a shampoo for your daily need. With biotin collagen, this one sure is on its way to top the list.
Features of this product:
- It is nutrient-rich infused with pro-vitamin B7 biotin and collagen which gives you a beautiful look to your hair.
- It makes your hair thicker and fuller and you can see the results by just one wash.
- It is suitable for any hair texture be it thin or thick, light or heavy.
- It also adds shine to your hair, as well as a smooth texture is definitely on the cards.
- With all the qualities this one for sure gets a thumbs up.
This shampoo is an all in one for all of your needs. Along with your oily hair, it can also cure itchy scalp, dandruff, and hair loss. Anything you name it, you got it in this shampoo. You can surely give this one a try without thinking twice.
Features of this product are:
- Best shampoo for oily hair that the market has to offer.
- The natural clarifying treatment with lemon essentials restores a healthy scalp.
- It maintains the perfect pH balance of your scalp
- Infused with jojoba rosemary formula, it is also a sure-shot treatment to dandruff.
- It hydrates the hair follicles from inside thus protecting them for environmental pollutants.
- It also cleans and minimizes pores resulting in improved circulation in the scalp.
With the improved formula of tea tree oil, this is also one of the top picks for oily hair. Might as well be the best drugstore shampoo for oily hair. The benefits of this product for oily hair are never-ending.
Features of this product:
- It helps in hydrating and nourishing the hair.
- It is suitable for any hair type straight, curly, thick, or thin hair.
- It nourishes and rejuvenates and detangles hair as it works deeply into each strand of your hair.
- The tea tree mint formula is beneficial for all the oily hair problems you got right there with you.
This is a perfect fit for men who are looking for the best drugstore shampoo for oily hair. This shampoo never fails to impress all the men out there. They need not worry about their hair care. They can leave all of their hair care worries to this American crew daily shampoo
Features of this product:
- With the new and improved formula, this shampoo provides extra volume to your hair
- With sage leaves and chamomile, this will make your hair shiny and smooth as well.
- This shampoo also promotes healthy scalp and hair
- It protects the hair and scalp from harmful bacteria and if you have your hair colored then you are in luck as it also provides protection to your hair color.
- It cleanses and invigorates without leaving hair greasy or any build-up. All the men out there you can definitely not miss on this one.
Each hair type has its own requirements. You cannot change the hair type but you can surely choose the product that is best for you. People with oily hair face the largest number of problems when compared with our hair types because we have to take care of so many factors that may not lead to the damage of our sensitive hair. By noticing a little about the shampoo that we should use we can buy the best drugstore shampoo for oily hair.
Are drugstore shampoos for oily hair safe?
The answer to this question is yes! The drugstore shampoos are safe and can be used accordingly by anybody with any hair type. Also, drugstore shampoos can be the best pick for you.
Are the best drugstore shampoos expensive?
No, the best drugstore shampoos are not at all expensive. They are of average pricing and are very affordable. Anybody can easily purchase them online or offline. It is totally upon the buyer’s choice.
What factors should be considered while purchasing the best drugstore shampoo online?
You should check the pricing and availability from a decent website only. Make sure that any website you consider purchasing the product from isn’t fraudulent. Also, the product arrives on time and is sealed properly. This point is very important as you should not accept any product if the seal is broken or no seal is present.
What is the best drugstore shampoo out there?
Any drugstore shampoo that has an average pH is enriched with nutrients, does not cause allergic reactions to your skin, and of course, has a lovely smell can be the best drugstore shampoo for oily hair.
Are drugstore shampoos better or salon shampoos?
The answer to this question solely lies upon your preference. The shampoos that are present in the drugstore are authentic and serve your purpose to the best. They have all the ingredients that are required for healthy hair. Plus the salon products cannot be trusted. And drugstore shampoos are very affordable as well.