Foundations are based on water, oil, and silicone. You can choose either of them according to your preference. If you have oily skin, then the water-based foundation is suitable for you. The water-based foundation is light on the skin and does not clog pores. The consistency of the oil-based foundation is thicker, and it requires a proper application for a seamless effect. Oil-based foundations sit longer than the water-based foundation. However, the best silicone based foundation has ingredients that provide you build in primer. They are your best option if you want to have a matt finish as it controls the shine.
The most prominent feature of the foundation with silicone-based is that they are waterproof. If you are someone who sweats a lot then you can opt for a foundation with a silicone base. They are mainly used at the wedding ceremonies or in functions when you require having your make up stick on your skin for a long time. It gives you the best smooth and wrinkles free finish.
The silicone-based foundation has the first ingredient mentioned as water, but that does not mean it is water based. Most of the foundation with silicone base has Dimethicone and Cyclomethicone as a prominent ingredient. The soothing properties of the foundation will help you in correcting your texture. It fills in the lines and gives you an even complexion. It creates a layer on the skin that blocks the moisture, which might ruin your make up. Foundation with silicone-based has multiple benefits.
Cosmetic brands use a foundation with a silicone base because it has multiple fluid benefits. It makes your skin texture look smooth and gives you a matt finish. Other than being waterproof, a foundation with a silicone base also helps in healing or minimizing the scars. A lightweight silicone foundation helps in preventing your skin from suffocating.
However, before buying any make-up or skin product you must consider a few things; for example, your skin type, your skin tone, skin routine, and many such factors. Hence, before guiding you to buy a high-quality foundation with a silicone base, let us present you factors to consider before purchasing the best foundation with a silicone base.
Factors to consider before buying the best silicone-based foundation
- Consider your skin type
Before buying any kind of foundation, you have to determine the type of your skin. Your skin could be dry, oily, or combination. A foundation with a silicone base can dry out your skin. Hence, if you are someone who has dry skin, then it is essential to buy a foundation with a silicone base that has moisturizing properties in it. Also, some super harsh ingredients of the foundation may not suit sensitive skin.
If you don’t know the type of your skin, you can take a quick test yourself. Wash your face with water and leave it as it is. After a few minutes, observe your skin. If it shows no difference, then you have normal skin; if your skin is dry or oily, then you have dry or oily skin; if your skin is oily around your T zone, then you have a combination type of skin. A silicone based foundation is available for all skin types. However, if you have a specific skin type, then look for additional ingredients, which can suit your problem.
- Consider your skin tone
Skin tone does not mean the color of your skin but more of the general appearance of your skin. Consider factors like the pigmentation on your skin, uneven skin tone, dark spots on your kin and forehead, and many more such factors. Most do not consider these factors while buying skin products. You have to understand the texture and tone of your skin. These factors can be genetic or depend upon our diet, skin routine, and other environmental factors.
It is crucial to know your skin tone to buy the best foundation with a silicone base. It will help you to even out your skin tone and hide spots on your face.
- Do not purchase only based on a friend’s recommendation
We can’t stress how important it is to your skin tone. You must buy a silicone foundation that curbs your problems. Avoid buying foundations only based on your friend’s recommendation. What works for her may not work for you. Make sure you try out the product and look for the features that work for your skin.
- Complexion plays an important role
The complexion is the color of your skin. It could be dark, medium, light, and many more. Each of us has a different skin color, and there are skin colors more than you count. Some companies have a foundation according to the stereotypical beauty standard. You must stay away from such brands. It is essential to embrace your color and buy the shade, which suits your color exactly. Hence, you must look for a brand that gives a range of shade to choose from. You must select the shade that matches your skin; for a perfect match, try to swatch it before buying the shade. However, in the case of online shopping
- Silicone based foundation and acne
You may think that using a silicone based foundation might lead to causing acne. Your concern is not entirely wrong. Silicone might allow the development of acne-causing bacteria. However, it does not mean you can’t use a foundation with a silicone base. All you have to do is choose the right ingredient. Choose a foundation that contains salicylic acid, which helps in preventing acne. This ingredient might also act beneficial for acne-prone skin; it is a strong ingredient, which prevents and heal the acne-prone skin.
- Primer and foundation with a silicone base
Primer is a barrier between your skin and your makeup. It helps in preventing causing harm to your skin. Along with that, it enhances your overall makeup. You can use a water-based primer with a foundation with a silicone base; but, you have to keep a small amount of time distance between the application of primer and foundation. Apply the primer and let your skin absorb the water content. After a few seconds or minutes, apply your foundation with a silicone base. If you try to apply directly, it will ruin your entire base.
However, the golden rule of make is to use the same ingredients together and layer it up perfectly. Hence, we suggest using a silicone based primer with a foundation with a silicone base. You cannot use a silicone-based primer with a water-based foundation. The water-based foundation will have a hard time sticking to the silicone-based primer, and your make up will end up looking patchy.
- Silicone based foundation for dry skin
It is a common myth that a foundation with a silicone base is harmful to fry skin. As we said before, the ingredient is key for buying any product. Foundation with silicone base contains silicone known as Cyclopentasiloxane, which helps in retaining the moisture in the skin. Hence, preventing your skin from dryness. You will have smooth and soft to touch skin within a few drops. Also, an ingredient like hyaluronic acid will give you further moisturizing benefits.
- Best Silicone-based foundation VS water-based foundation
Water or foundation with a silicone base is perfect for all the skin types. It depends on your skin requirement while choosing the type of foundations. The water-based foundations will help you in giving a matte finish and keep the moisture of your skin. On the other hand, the silicon-based foundation will give you a blur effect and helps in hiding the large pores. Even if you are oily skin, you can opt for either of these foundations.
Many people consider that foundation with a silicone base is not good for your skin. However, we would say that it is not beneficial for all types of skin. It depends on the skin type, the quality of the product, and how you layer is down. It is always essential to do a patch test on your hand before applying any new product. Some people might show an allergic reaction to silicone based products.
Even though a high-quality foundation with a silicone base is proved to be beneficial for most of the skin, it is still advisable to always do a patchwork before using a new product. You have enough information regarding the foundations. Now let us present to you the best silicone based foundation available in the market at a very affordable price.
Here are the best silicone based foundation you can buy
1. Maybelline fit me matte + poreless liquid foundation
Maybelline is the best brand when it comes to cosmetics. You can blend the foundation with your fingertips or with your applicator. It is America’s #1 foundation, and it is a well-known product in the entire world. The foundation is available in 40 shades perfect for any skin type throughout the world. The main ingredient of this foundation is dimethicone and Cyclopentasiloxane. It is the best silicone based foundation for oily skin. It is dermatologist and allergy-tested. Hence, you can use it without any worries about your sensitive skin. Let us discuss some of its prominent features.
- If you are looking for a medium coverage liquid foundation then this is your best option.
- It refines your pore and works best for normal to oily skin.
- Buildable coverage that gives you flawless, natural-looking, I woke up like this finish.
- It completes your make up with SPF, concealer, finishing powder, blush, and bronze. It is everything you need to put your best face forward.
- You can easily remove the foundation by gently wiping it from your face.
- It is highly pigmented with saturated colors that ensure consistency all day.
- It is a lightweight 24 hours foundation.
It is a medium to full coverage foundation, which is silicone-based.
2. Too faced born this way foundation
Too faced is also one of the leading cosmetic brands internationally. It is an oil-free full coverage silicone-based foundation. The leading ingredient of this foundation is dimethicone and Cyclopentasiloxane. The key ingredient that sets it apart is coconut water, which keeps your skin hydrated. If you have a dull face, then this foundation is best for you. It contains alpine rose that brightens up your skin instantly. It contains a wide range of 35 shades to choose from. Let us discuss some of its best features.
- It is along wearing a foundation that sticks to your face no less than 12 hours.
- It has medium to full undetectable coverage.
- It is a lightweight foundation and contains coconut oil that helps in hydrating your skin.
- Hence, the best silicone based foundation for dry skin.
- It is a non-comedogenic foundation.
- It features Hyaluronic filling spheres, which gives you a smooth and youthful appearance.
3. MAC studio fixes fluid SPF 15 foundation
Even if you are not a makeup fan, you still have heard about the brand MAC. It is the most talked and preferred brand not only around people like you and me but also around celebrities. It has 24 hours formula that comes with sun protection ingredient (SPF). It is the best foundation for oily skin, which is non-sticky, non-drying, and covers your fine lines perfectly. Even though the foundation is a bit pricey, it is still worth every penny you spend. Let us discuss some of its prominent features.
- It is ideal for every skin type and gives medium to buildable coverage.
- It is not only long-wearing but comfortable as well.
- It blends easily and evenly, which helps in minimizing the appearance of your pores and imperfections.
- It gives you a skin smooth and flawless texture with just a few drops.
- It won’t look patchy, streak, or cake.
- It gives you protection from UV and UVB rays.
- Use applicators like sponge or brush for the best application.
4. Milani Conceal + perfect 2-in-1 foundation and concealer
Milani is another trusted and globally known cosmetic brand. This foundation is all you need in your make up bag to set your base. You have your concealer and foundation in just one product, which makes it convenient as well as affordable. The foundation has medium to full coverage. It is a high-quality foundation, all you need is a few drops, and you are good to go. Let us discuss some of its prominent features.
It is a multi-tasking foundation, which helps you in giving the best base and concealing your dark circles Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 foundation and concealer, redness, and other skin imperfection that you might want to hide.
- It is water-resistant
- It is available in 45 shades. Women or men all around the world can use it and get flawless skin.
- This lush and creamy formula is cruelty-free. You can get even skin tone with a satin-matte finish.
- All you need is one or two pumps to get flawless skin.
- It gets blend seamlessly into your skin, giving you a perfectly natural look.
- Milani provides you make up for every shade, attitude, and ethnicity.
- It is one of the best silicone based foundation.
5. Temptu silicone-based foundation
Temptu has revolutionized makeup for more than 40 years; it has created some award-winning formulas that fuel the passion of the beauty industry. They use a perfect blend of beauty and technology to provide you the best results possible. Get a luminous, dewy skin-like finish in just a few drops with this Temptu foundation. Let us discuss some of its best features.
- It provides you sheer to full buildable coverage that lasts you all day long.
- It is an oil-free, non-comedogenic, and hypoallergenic foundation.
- It is a foundation, which is designed to match the natural texture of your skin.
- You can easily apply the foundation with the help of an airbrush, hand, sponge, brush, or any other applicator.
- It provides you with a wide array of shades that are buildable and customized according to your shade and undertone of your skin. Temptu does everything to help you find a perfect match for your skin.
- It is a lightweight foundation, which is made with a long-lasting formula.
- It is made with the best ingredients, keeping your skin look healthy without any harsh ingredients.
- It has a built-in primer.
- It has high-speed pigment dispersion technology.
- It also has coconut fruit extract that is highly-absorbent and nourishes your skin like no before.
- It is the best foundation for dry skin as it comes with built-in essential moisture.
Tribehenin is a skin-softening agent that aids your skin while you have heavy make-up on.
6. L’Oreal Paris makeup Infallible up to 24 hours of fresh wear foundation
L’Oreal Paris is a brand that every beauty lover trusts. It brings a high-quality foundation of silicone-based at affordable and convenient pricing; it is a breakthrough foundation in the make-up industry. It is an ultra-thin foundation, which gives you a fresh and healthy-looking complexion for 24 hours. The color of the foundation stays true and even throughout the day. Let us discuss some of its prominent features.
- It is a long-wear breathable foundation. It is a medium to full buildable coverage and gives you a natural finish in 40 shades.
- It is made with an advanced formula, which absorbers oil and resists water and sweat.
- It comes with SPF 25 protection and suitable for all skin types.
- It is non-comedogenic.
- It is the best silicone based foundation for oily skin, which gives you a matt finish.
- It is also hydrating, which makes it an ideal foundation for dry skin as well.
- With 40 shades, you have to find the best shade for your skin tone and identify which formula works best for you.
- It provides you luxury beauty products with a combination of the latest technology and high quality of the products.
7. FACE atelier ultra-foundation
It is the best long-lasting foundation that can last yours throughout the day. The prominent feature of the foundation is that it comes with a built-in primer. It does not peel, or neither does it wrinkle. It is the best foundation for aging skin as it makes your skin look smooth, wrinkle-free, and natural. The foundation is well known among professionals and celebrities. It is worth every penny; it works well with dry skin. Let us discuss some of its prominent features.
With a high pigmentation and streak-less formula, it gives you medium to full (buildable) coverage with just a few drops.
- Your skin will look natural and dewy all day long.
- It perfectly cancels out the redness and reduces the fine lines, wrinkles, and all the other imperfections that make you insecure.
- It comes with a built-in primer.
- It keeps your skin moisturized, and it is heat and oil resistant.
- It is ideal for a woman of all ages, skin types, ethnicity, and shades.
- It comes with a pump applicator, keeping in mind the sanitary factor.
- It is Vegan and cruelty-free.
8. FENTY beauty pro filt’r matte foundation by Rihanna
Who doesn’t know Rihanna! The singer/entrepreneur has come up with its beauty line Fenty that promotes the beauty of all ethnicity and shades. It comes in 50 shades, which helps you in finding the perfect shade for your skin. The brand was established in 2017, and it is the most talked about brand in the past few years. The key ingredients of the foundation are dimethicone and trimethyl siloxy silicate. Let us discuss some of its prominent features.
- It gives you medium to full buildable coverage.
- It is made of an oil-free formula that is sweat and humidity-resistant.
- It is cruelty-free and non-comedogenic.
- It makes your skin instantly smooth and pore-diffused.
- It gives you a matte and shine-free finish, which is easy to apply.
- It is made with climate-adaptive technology that won’t clog your pores. No matter in which climate you live in, it is made of formula, which will work on your skin.
- It is a cruelty-free product.
- Shake the foundation well before using it
- It is the winner of the 2018 allure best of beauty breakthrough award.
Should I use a silicone or water-based foundation?
People get easily confused with silicone based foundation VS water based foundation. The type of foundation depends on the requirement of your skin. If you want to hide your large pores and the blurring effect of your skin, then you should opt for the foundation of the silicone base. However, for a more matte effect opt for water based foundation. Also, a water-based foundation helps in resisting your skin oils. Both types of foundation are ideal for oily skin type.
Is a silicone-based foundation bad for you?
Using a foundation with silicone is tricky. It depends on the ingredients, brand, and quality of the product. Foundation with silicone-based can cause breakouts and make your skin congested. It may lead to making your skin dry. However, ingredients like salicylic acid can help you in preventing breakouts. Also, other ingredients like coconut oil will keep your skin moisturized.
What is silicone makeup?
These cosmetics, which contain silicones (silicon dioxide) are considered silicone make-up. It has a molecular structure that has large molecules with wide space between each. These makeup are light, protective, and breathable on the skin.
Can you use a silicone-based primer with a water-based foundation?
No, using a primer of silicone base with a water-based foundation might make your makeup look patchy. The water-based foundation will find a hard time sticking to the silicone-based primer. However, you can use a water-based primer with a foundation of a silicone base.
Is silicone primer good for skin?
Because of the matte effect, silicone based primer is best for oily skin. It works well for smoothing out your pores, wrinkles, fine lines, and uneven skin tone.
How do you tell if a foundation is silicone-based?
If the ingredients of your foundation end with cone or siloxane, then your foundation is probably silicone-based. Those ingredients could be second or third ingredients, and the first ingredient might be water. However, this does not mean that your foundation is water-based.