Do you want your eye shadow makeup to last longer? Do you want it to look richer and smoother? Do you want to enhance the detailing you do on your eyes to be visible clearly and make heads turn? If you’ve nodded a yes to all the above questions, then your easy solution to make this happen is to apply the best drugstore eyeshadow primer for better effects.
Many people assume applying makeup is a costly affair. They love using it but also feel that they have a shorthand when it comes to purchasing makeup. Yes, makeup is costly. There are different products for enhancing every facial feature but it does not necessarily have to be very expensive. There is a substitute for every luxurious product in the market.
Adding a new beauty product to your kitty always raises a lot of questions in your mind if you are a person who shops calculatedly and especially if you aren’t sure about the product you are about to buy. But an eye-shadow primer is more important than you thought it is. It doesn’t have to be the most luxurious one. You can pull off any kind of look with proper eye makeup and all you need is an eye-shadow primer.
You can get that perfect eye makeup for a very long-lasting time that too without creating a big dent in your pocket. It’s time you make this happen with some of the best drugstore eyeshadow primers.
What is an eye-shadow primer?
An eye show primer is similar to a face primer. It is a liquid or cream-based solution that is applied to the eye-lids. It is like a tape holding together your eye makeup to your eyelids. It helps you to be crafty on your eye makeup as applying eyeshadow primer smoothens your eyelid and makes your eyeshadow last longer. It acts as a base level for the eyeshadow makeup and helps you design it smoothly. Eye shadow primers brighten up your face and make your eyes glow. It revives the beauty of your eyes.
Best Drugstore Eyeshadow Primer – Buying Guide
Factors to look for while buying the best drugstore eyeshadow primer:
The reason why you are purchasing an eye shadow primer is that you want your eyeshadow to finally last long and to look impressive. Do not forget this fact. Apart from this, there are a few other important things to keep in your mind while buying an eye shadow primer.
- For everyday use:
if you have dry, oily, or are just fascinated by eye shadow primers you can buy an everyday use primer. They are nude in color and can be applied as it is every day to casual as well as to formal occasions. For daily use purposes, you can purchase a primer that is exactly your shade or a shade darker than yours.
- For dark look:
If you are planning to go for a Smokey eyed look or love applying dark eyeshadows, go for a darker primer. Let it be 1-2 shades darker than your original color.
- White primer:
If you like vibrant colors and want to make your eyeshadow glow and look full of life, opt for a white primer.
- Liquid/Cream Solution:
Remember, if you are a beginner and are applying an eyeshadow primer for the first time, anything on your eyelid will feel heavy. So, choose wisely if you want a liquid primer or a cream-based primer applied to your eyelids.
Benefits of using an eyeshadow primer:
- Long-lasting eye shadow:
Applying an eye shadow without a primer means that whatever you do, it will smudge. Your eye-shadow won’t last long as will start to either smudge away or will start to fade because of the excessive oils coming out of your eyes. It will also make your eyes look greasy by the end of the day.
Without an eyeliner primer, you will constantly be worried whether your eyeshadow has smudged yet or not. And within a few hours, it is bound to happen because nothing is holding the eyeshadow to your eyelid. That’s where an eyeshadow primer comes into action. It binds your eyelid and your eye makeup.
- To intensify color:
Some eyeshadow colors are lighter than what they appear on the palate. Eye shadow primer helps to intensify those colors. Eyeshadow primers heighten your pigments and intensify their color.
If your skin has rashes, color distortion on the skin such as redness, ashen, or swollen skin, eyeshadow primers is the solution to them hide them all, and give your eyelid a perfect blend with your skin.
- Eyeshadow primers brighten your eyes:
For those who suffer from oily eyes, puffy face, or even oily skin, eyeshadow primers fix that problem too. They tone your eyes, heightening them and making them stand out.
Best Drugstore Eyeshadow Primer Reviews
Now that you know how important eyeshadow primers are, are you still willing to put in all your efforts into giving yourself the best eye makeover only for it smudge or fade within a few hours?
This eyeshadow primer is smooth, non-greasy, and blends in with the skin very easily. It helps dry skin look hydrated and also helps oily skinned people.
It nourishes the eyelids throughout the wear and is so weightless and non-greasy a person with oily skin can still apply it during summers and it will stay intact.
- E.l.f Poreless Putty Primer is a vegan product
- Favorable to dry skinned people.
- It is non-greasy and weightless, perfect for everyday use.
- It fills in pores, wrinkles, and any imperfections.
- E.l.f products are 100% free from parabens, triclosan, triclocarban, nonylphenol, phthalates, and hydroquinone.
- This product is cruelty-free.
- It is Paraben-free
- It is waterproof and provides a smudge-free long-lasting texture.
- It dries within 30 seconds of application and feels weightless and is crease-free.
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eyeshadow Base promotes cruelty-free testing. It is a brand in PETA’s beauty without bunnies program.
This product provides a primer + shadow + sparkle inside one single unit.
- It has 8 palate options offering all 3: primer, shadow, and sparkle.
- Each palate has its primer for perfect eye foundation. 3 highly pigmented shadows, and a shimmering coat in the same unit.
- It is a combination of the wet and dry formula for a soft and soft feel as well as enhanced color.
- Tested and approved by an ophthalmologist.
- Provides a step-by-step manual for contouring 8 different eye shapes
This product has a very fast drying quality which makes it blend into the skin easily and is caress-free. It works perfectly on all skin types.
- Shows perfect results on all skin types
- Is 100% cruelty-free
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer is a 100% vegan product
- It is a lightweight invisible primer.
This product is a durable and waterproof primer. Just applying a small layer of this primer will keep your makeup intact in any weather.
- This primer ensures maximum pigmentation and is suitable for any kind of occasion.
- Just stroke it once on your eyelid to keep your eye makeup intact throughout the day
- Proof It Primer is smudge-free.
- This product works wonders for oily skin.
- NYX Professional Makeup; Proof It Primer is ranked #1 in Eyeshadow Bases and Primers. It is also ranked #7 in Beauty Gift Sets.
This product is very easy to use and is highly skin-friendly. Only one single drop enough for this eyeshadow primer to start showing its effect.
- Smudge-proof and crease-proof.
- Does mot melt and fade.
- Blends perfectly with any eye shadow
- This eyeshadow primer contained vitamin E and Silicone.
This product is an award-winning nude primer for vibrant and colorful eyeshadow. This award-winning primer is made of polymer technology. It prevents creasing and smudging.
- Its nude color is enough to call it a simple and light eyeshadow itself.
- It glorifies the eyes.
- Is smudge-free and crease-free.
- It is very lightweight and comes in a small travel size tube.
- It looks very natural on all skin types.
- It is 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
It creates a very smooth base for you to start your eye makeup. The eyelid texture feels so smooth as if it’s a canvas ready to be painted.
- Creates a long-lasting shadow base.
- Is waterproof
- This product is long-lasting and is suitable for any occasion.
- It has a soft sponge application that glides over your eye and is skin-friendly.
This is a product by true + luscious. It is available in 3 shades and gives a matt look to the.
- This product is smudge prove for up to 12 hours.
- Works great for oily skin type. It absorbs sweat and oil secreted on the area applied and keeps the skin dry and smooth.
- Creates a smooth base for easy design on the eye.
- This product is Paraben-free
- It is Vegan and cruelty-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best drugstore eyeshadow primer for mature skin?
Mature skin is the result of your experiences on this planet. Therefore, one should always be proud of them and flaunt them. You will be impressed to know that there are brands that celebrate people with mature skin who still want to look spic-and-span. These eyeshadow brands glorify your skin type and make you not only look beautiful but feel confident. They are:
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Shadow Base
- NYX Professional Makeup Eyeshadow Primer
Which is the best drugstore eyeshadow primer for hooded eyes?
People who have an extra layer of skin that droops over your crease causing the eyelid to look smaller have hooded eyes. A hooded eyed person will have their outer corners of the eye turned down. A common problem for hooded eyed people is a lack of attention towards their type of cosmetics. But you do not have to worry much about it as here are some best drugstore primer for such an eye type is:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer
Which is the best drugstore eyeshadow primer for sensitive skin?
When you have a sensitive type, you automatically become apprehensive about trying new beauty products. But there are a few eyeshadow primer brands that use skin-friendly, vegan, and organic ingredients made especially keeping in mind such tender skinned people. These products are:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer
- l.f Poreless Putty Primer
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Which is the best drugstore eyeshadow primer for oily eyelids?
Oily eyelids are hard to work with because they continuously release oil which makes them hard to function with. A lot of beauty brands have kept such skin types during their formulae creation and the best ones are:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- NYX Professional Makeup; Proof It Primer
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eyeshadow Base
What is the best drugstore eyeshadow primer?
There are various products available to shop from in the market that a person can get easily confused. Every product provides something that the other cannot and has a different USP.
Each eyeshadow primer focuses on different eye types, different causes, and has various other features.
One such product that beats the rest of them is the NYX Professional Makeup; Proof It Primer. It is the best eyeshadow primer. It is smudge-free and can pull off any occasion.
What is the best primer for eyeshadow?
The best drugstore eyeshadow primer is the NYX Professional Makeup Primer but once you have been a regular user of an eyeshadow primer. You feel you derive the little dent you will create in your pocket.
A little self-pampering is not wrong. And when you make up your mind for that, the best primer for eyeshadow is the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer. This product is crease-free, smudge-free, and blends easily with any skin type.
What is the best drugstore eyeshadow?
There are many eyeshadow brands available in the market. Everything you see is not trustable as you are unaware of the ingredients they use to make their products. Make sure to check the ingredients and the brand of your product as never experiment with the quality of a cosmetic product as it might adversely affect your skin. Out of the many drugstore eyeshadow options available in the market, the best eyeshadows are:
- Maybelline Total Temptation Eyeshadow + Highlight Palette.
- Wet n Wild Icon Eyeshadow
- Revlon ColorStay Looks Book Eyeshadow Palleted.
Do you need eyeshadow prime?
An eyeshadow primer is more important than we can see. Would you like spending hours acing your eyeshadow look only for it to smudge and fade out in a couple of hours? How waste of time and energy would you feel it is, isn’t it?
Well, that is something that will eventually how much effort you try otherwise. And all you would be able to do is watch it smudge. The reason is that nothing is holding your makeup to our eyelid. Your eye-makeup is free to wander off as there is nothing to hold it on your eye.
This is where an eyeshadow primer comes to the rescue. It acts as a glue between your eyelid and your makeup keeping it there and intact for a good number of hours so that you can minutely design your eyeshadow and make heads turn.
Eyeshadow primers also make your eyes look like a canvas. They give a smooth and easy texture to the eye that makes it very easy to work on.